1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 1.8T Quattro Bhp...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by m4tyj, Sep 25, 2003.

1. m4tyj

m4tyj New Member

Hello People.....
    I've just brought an A3 1.8T Quattro X plate (yr 2000) which I pick up next tuesday!!
    I have a question which I hope someone could answer.....When looking at all the tech specs before buying the car I was under the impression they were 180hp, however when I got the owners manual back from the garage last night its listed in the tech spec under the 4WD section that they do both the 150 and 180 hp in it............. Anybody know how I can tell without rolling roadin it??
  2. mramage

mramage Member

M4tyj, I *think* the 150BHP version was only sold in Europe. One of the european mainland based guys might be able to confirm this.
  3. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

Have a look at the spec sticker located either under your boot carpet or in the first page or so of your service book.

The sticker is square with loads of codes on it...

somewhere there will be a figure marked in KW...that's the factory rated engine power output...if it says 110KW it's a 150BHP...if it says 132KW it's a 180BHP.