1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 1.8t quattro best performance parts

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by quattro rob, Oct 31, 2009.

1. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

hi am rob from grimsby am new to these forum as i just bought my a3 1.8t 180 quattro last week its on a 51 with only 42000 on clock fsh etc and its totally standard at the minute lol

Am wanting a few goodies as i want 240-250 bhp by Christmas time, finding it hard to find info about these cars so am after help on what's the best parts to use etc,

Am wanting a air filter, baileys dump valve, turbo inlet pipe, front mount intercooler with pipes, decent cat back and a down pipe and sports cat or maybe decat. then a revo remap, all these parts fitted will i be able to go straight to a stage 2?

if you can tell me the best parts to use it and maybe a link to websites it would be really appreciated

thanks for your time rob
  2. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Hi, welcome aboard Rob :)

Thats quite a list and a shed load of cash!. 240bhp wont be do-able on your stock KO3S turbo so you'd be looking at a bigger turbo. Go for a remap on your existing one and you'll be about 220bhp.

Some bigger brakes, uprated shocks, springs and anti roll bars would be an idea with all that extra poke you're after.

DPM Performace can supply most stuff you need.

For an air filter - Green Cotton
    For the DV - Forge 007P
    Turbo intake pipe - Forge
    Exhaust - look at getting one made (custom)...cheaper than off the shelf such as Miltek etc.
    Remap - Whoever you fancy to be honest.

Hope you have deep pockets!!!

T
  3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

4. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

thanks for info guys

so ill get a green cotton panel filter (p64653), forge inlet pipe (fmgolfind), forge splitter valve (fmdvspltr), forge relocation kit (fmdvrlk) and a custom made exhaust (powerflow or something similar 3" cat back with 1 box??) then a revo stage 1 ill be good for around 220 bhp for now until bigger turbo time next year :)

i've found some vented front and rear discs from ebc and a set of ebc greenstuff pads for the braking, some h@r coil overs for suspension and am not sure on the anti roll bar?.

ill have it up to this spec by new year then ill start saving for a bigger turbo, rods, down pipe and sport cat
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  5. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

youll need revo stage two for get the maximum out of your k03s. or a custom remap, definatly get the braakes, but wouldnt go the full suspension way. i dont think its needed, but if youve got the money ready then go full suspension. wait till all your performance mods are done then get a remap. for £600 you can get your turbo rebuilt into a hybrid, giving you around 270bhp.
  6. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

thanks for ur help guys
  7. j4jon

j4jon Member

A cheap brake upgrade is to fit the brakes off an S3/TT as they are 312mm compared to 288mm for the A3, then get some decent pads. The only parts that are needed are the calliper carriers and then the bigger disks. Makes quite an improvement.
  8. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

ok cheers, were the best place to buy carriers and callipers from thanks
  9. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

woke up this morning to find a box from forge, so spent the day fitting my forge t.i.p, forge cold side and forge spitter (which is a good bit of kit, can change from fully recirculation valve to dump valve in 30 seconds flat, also has 48 different spring setting which also take less 30 seconds to adjust) overall please (baring having to take driver headlamp and front bumper off to undo 1 jubilee clip, which was facing down of all places). please with the overall looks will take some pics when light, seems to pull abit harder but nothing to brag about really, just waiting for green cotton to come then stage 1 remap next Tuesday
  10. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Remap will make a difference believe me, it will completely change the way the car drives. You'll be happier than a pig rolling around in the brown stuff!

Which map have you gone for? REVO maps are nice and aggressive! :o.k: But to be fair, any map will give you what you're after!
  11. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

revo stage 1 cant wait
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  12. Welly

Cool, this will be the slowest week of your life, I hate waiting for stuff!

You'll love it dude, so much more aggressive! :thumbsup:
  13. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

hopefully
    yeah me 2, waiting for stuff is boring
  14. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

green cotton came today, so smoothed out the airbox and fiited filter seems to be able to hear it spool up better and seems to pull harder just got 3 days left till remap
  15. Welly

:sign_ot:

I'm feeling that vibe, I'm currently waiting for Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 :). Pick it up at midnight tomorrow!!