A3 1.8T injectors and fuel filter

luis.filipe

Reaction score
Hi :)

I have a 1998 Audi A3 1.8T with AGU engine I've reached now 100k miles.

Since no service have been performed on the fuel injectorsm isn't now a good time to perform some cleaning of the system ?

At what mileage interval should we perform this kind of service ?

Another question regarding the fuel filter, when should it be replaced ?

Can anyone tell a good interval to replace the fuel filter ?

Now i'm using BP Ultimate, does anyone know if this fuel prevents or avoids that the injectors become dirty ?

One last question regarding the thortle body, this wasn't cleaned, is now a good time to perform some kind of cleaning ? What other parts should I replace when cleaning it ?

Best regards

Luis

Ii suspect the bp ultimate question might stir another dabate over fuel.
I use V power myself, but I am still not convinced it improves performance or efficency after 1 month of use. Rather, there is a good argument to be had that an A3 was made with the use of 'regular' fuel in mind.

Well, here in Portugal besides de BP Ultimate we only have Galp Geforce 98 and some premium fuel from Repsol!

We no longer have shell VPower around here.

When I said that I'm using BP Ultimate, what I mean, is that I'm using a premium fuel instead of the regular one.

I'm not concerned if it's BP, or Galp or even Repsol.

What I would like to know is if we use this premium fuel instead of the regular one if it will help prevent problems on the petrol injectors ?

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Regards

Luis

I replace the fuel filter at every service as its only cheap, wack some injector cleaner in the petrol tank and give it a good blast through the gears.

luis.filipe said:
Now i'm using BP Ultimate, does anyone know if this fuel prevents or avoids that the injectors become dirty ?

One last question regarding the thortle body, this wasn't cleaned, is now a good time to perform some kind of cleaning ? What other parts should I replace when cleaning it ?

Using Ultimate wont stop your injectors from getting dirty, but it does go some way to helping them get less dirty due to the chemeical compisition of the fuel (as I understand it)

The throttle body is usually cleaned by Audi Technicians by taking off the hose and liberally coating the butterflys inside with Carb Cleaner. You can always unbolt it and replace the gaskets and clean both sides thoroughly, but thats personal choice.

Fuel filter should be changed at least every 2 years, its not hard from what i have heard.

Ye its worthwhile cleaning the throttle body, i cleaned mine couple of weeks ago and my cars just hit 100k and it was quite dirty.:hubbahubba:

What you noticed after cleaning the TB ?
What else should we clean at this milliage ?

Does anyone know if the AGU enfine have a EGR valve ? I found tha some VW Jetta on the US market have EGR valves, so I would like to know
if we have one on the AGU.

Thanks

Noticed a better responce from the throttle but only a bit.

Has the coolant been changed recently? also maybe the coolant?

I replaced the thermostat a couple of months ago and replaced the coolant by that time.

I asked to fill it with G12 from Audi.