1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 1.8T for a 20 year old (insurance)

rickparmar May 21, 2004

  1. rickparmar

    rickparmar va va voom

    2,272
    3
    38
    Has any 1 of the age been insured on a A3 1.8T,

    If you have how much and which insurance group.
    Under your name or som1 elses

    Thanks
    Ricks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
     
  2. Markb

    Markb Active Member

    2,139
    2
    36
    [ QUOTE ]
    rickparmar said:
    Has any 1 of the age been insured on a A3 1.8T,

    If you have how much and which insurance group.
    Under your name or som1 elses

    Thanks
    Ricks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    Check out all of the pics etc.. of it.

    I am 20 0NCB clean licence. I am paying £1760 Fully Comp in my own name of a 10 month accelerator scheme.
     
  3. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    rickparmar said:
    Has any 1 of the age been insured on a A3 1.8T,

    If you have how much and which insurance group.
    Under your name or som1 elses

    Thanks
    Ricks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Me! Im 20, 1 years NCB, 2 years driving (at time of policy) .etc .etc. Paid £1100 with uh.. 99% of things declared /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
     
  4. leespears1

    leespears1 Member

    262
    4
    16
    Me! 1.8 Turbo Quattro - £2053.00 fully comp 12 months - 2 yr NCB. ive heard that Adrian Flux are kind to their customers on mods like wheels etc.. this true... wot about a remap?
     
  5. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    Adrian flux = good prices for modified!!

    In september i will be paying £1000 unlimited mileage for:

    A3 1.8T
    200bhp chip
    Porsche brakes
    Uprated Suspension
    18" Alloys
    Full bodykit
    Exhaust
    Air Filter

    ...the lot!! Thats 20, 2 years NCB (I HOPE!!!) and driving 3 years!

    Rich
     
  6. Markb

    Markb Active Member

    2,139
    2
    36
    Oh yeah I am with Admiral (same company as Elephant)
     
  7. DAF

    DAF Member

    156
    0
    16
    Hi im only paying £450 fully comp for my 52 plate but i am 32.
     
  8. 4SilverRings

    4SilverRings Member

    81
    0
    6
    Just thought I'd chuck my 2 penethworth in and give you guys something to aim for:

    S3
    Fully Comp
    Protected NCB
    £150 excess

    FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS AND SOME CHANGE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

    But then I've been driving since you guys were in nappies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

    (Having a good postcode helps too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
     
  9. DAF

    DAF Member

    156
    0
    16
    Hay 4Silverrings who you with im with tesco online. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif
     
  10. 4SilverRings

    4SilverRings Member

    81
    0
    6
    I have a very good deal with Audi Insurance - if you catch a call centre on a Friday after a slack week they'll discount you everything they can to get your business!
     
  11. DAF

    DAF Member

    156
    0
    16
    top geezza will try them out cheers mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
     
  12. rickparmar

    rickparmar va va voom

    2,272
    3
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    4SilverRings said:
    Just thought I'd chuck my 2 penethworth in and give you guys something to aim for:

    S3
    Fully Comp
    Protected NCB
    £150 excess

    FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS AND SOME CHANGE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

    But then I've been driving since you guys were in nappies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

    (Having a good postcode helps too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
     
  13. neil.c

    neil.c Senior

    567
    1
    18
    370 ish for moi and the strife
    s3
    150 excess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
     
  14. DAF

    DAF Member

    156
    0
    16
    pretty cheep neil.C have you tried tesco online give it a try you might be supprised. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif
     
  15. rickparmar

    rickparmar va va voom

    2,272
    3
    38
    neil.c
    Where about in leicester r u ?
     
  16. 4SilverRings

    4SilverRings Member

    81
    0
    6
    [ QUOTE ]
    neil.c said:
    370 ish for moi and the strife
    s3
    150 excess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Always wanted to break the £400 barrier on a high spec car but won't achieve it when I've got a wee slip of a lass for a girlfriend as a named driver (but the sex makes up for it I suppose..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif )!
     
  17. DAF

    DAF Member

    156
    0
    16
    jammy sod i've got a old boot at home, one that even the dog wount play with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif
     
  18. neil.c

    neil.c Senior

    567
    1
    18
    I've been with tesco's (have a mk3 golf 16v insured with tesco's currently). Were with tesco's previously but it seems that you have to swap insurers every year to get the best quote.

    Strangely the S3 has always been cheaper than the golf even though it is 2 years newer and has considerably more power, both group 17 though.

    I live in north leicestershire.
    where are you rick?
     
  19. EvilTad

    EvilTad Member

    68
    0
    6
    Tesco Quoted me about £1580 on a Quattro Sport, £1710 on a Golf 20VT and £1740 on a S3.

    Thats as a 23/24 y.o company director with one years NCB no points, keeps car on driveway does 12000 miles a year.
     
  20. leespears1

    leespears1 Member

    262
    4
    16
    [ QUOTE ]
    rickparmar said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    leespears1 said:
    Me! 1.8 Turbo Quattro - £2053.00 fully comp 12 months - 2 yr NCB. ive heard that Adrian Flux are kind to their customers on mods like wheels etc.. this true... wot about a remap?

    [/ QUOTE ]



    Damn didnt see the Quattro bit, u must be loving it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    yeah i am!!!!!
     
  21. rickparmar

    rickparmar va va voom

    2,272
    3
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    neil.c said:
    I've been with tesco's (have a mk3 golf 16v insured with tesco's currently). Were with tesco's previously but it seems that you have to swap insurers every year to get the best quote.

    Strangely the S3 has always been cheaper than the golf even though it is 2 years newer and has considerably more power, both group 17 though.

    I live in north leicestershire.
    where are you rick?

    [/ QUOTE ]


    Oadby m8
     
  22. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    In september, Adrian Flux will do me for £1050 limited mileage to 5000miles (didnt do a quote yet for unlimited!)

    Policy will be as follows:

    21y/o
    2years ncb
    3years driving
    Company Director
    300bhp
    Porshce Brakes
    suspension setup
    18" wheels
    full bodykit
    exhaust
    air filter
    graphics


    Not bad i thought!
     
  23. rickparmar

    rickparmar va va voom

    2,272
    3
    38
    Rich, have u got n e pics, close up 1s of ur body kit, interior, lights etc
     
  24. David_Moon

    David_Moon Member

    43
    0
    6
    21 year old male, student, living in Manchester. I am insured for around 1600 a year on my 2002 (225 Horsepower) S3. I was well surprised when I got the quote, as I was paying that last year on a Lupo Sport.
     
  25. mdoyle69

    mdoyle69 Member

    140
    0
    16
    [ QUOTE ]
    David_Moon said:
    21 year old male, student, living in Manchester. I am insured for around 1600 a year on my 2002 (225 Horsepower) S3. I was well surprised when I got the quote, as I was paying that last year on a Lupo Sport.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Thats pretty good!!!

    Who are you insured with???
     
  26. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    rickparmar said:
    Rich, have u got n e pics, close up 1s of ur body kit, interior, lights etc

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    And my current favourite (proud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif)
    [​IMG]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    Rich
     
  27. rickparmar

    rickparmar va va voom

    2,272
    3
    38
    Kool pics, i like the last 1
     
  28. FrOgR

    FrOgR Member

    72
    0
    6
    £500 and spare change for me and girlf. I can do anything i want to the car except bore out the engine to a bigger capacity, gracias liverpool victoria /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
     
  29. Mike.M

    Mike.M Well-Known Member

    2,473
    164
    63
    I love those wheels............can not wait to get some for mine
     

Share This Page