a3 1.8t agu k03 modifications

two very different turbo's Joe. depends how much power you want, and how much you want to spend.

One is a cheap and easy bolt on swap with few parts needed.

One will cost you a few grand.

What powah can you expect to see from the k03 hybrid? The turbo is bolt on, what else we looking at for parts? Injectors, larger Maf?

What powah can you expect to see from the k03 hybrid? The turbo is bolt on, what else we looking at for parts? Injectors, larger Maf?

As with all things Jay, it depends what you're prepared to spend. If you went all out and did it really nicely, you'd probably see 275-280bhp.

For that you'd need a good FMIC, turbo back exhaust, TIP, larger injectors, a 3'' maf housing, and preferably WMI if you want to hold onto the power. Plus of course custom mapping.

To just bolt a ko3S on, with no other mods, a good map should see around 205-210bhp, add a downpipe and decat, and an FMIC, and a good st2 map should see 220-230bhp.

To just bolt a ko3S on, with no other mods, a good map should see around 205-210bhp, add a downpipe and decat, and an FMIC, and a good st2 map should see 220-230bhp.

Hmm, this makes me question bothering with an FMIC (not bought) and fitting the decat/DP (bought not fitted) to my AUM. I'd be quite happy with 205-210 as all I need is a mapping session. Does it REALLY need an FMIC? I really want to keep it looking stock and keep my foglights - I know there are FMICs that allow this and I could paint it black. I know the SMIC is poor but I'm unsure whether to fit my DP/decat as I'm bound to get plod's interest.

Is the extra £2-300 for an FMIC worth 10bhp or is it more about protecting the engine with cooler charge temps?

Can one of you twist my arm either way?

Hugely worth it, the gains in peak numbers are only half the story.

Whilst you may only gain 10-20 bhp on peak power, at certain points in the rev range you could b 60bhp/60lbft up over a st1 map

prawn what do you think of that k03 with k04 internals mate? worth a bid? of will it break? lol im getting a k03s anyway should i just stay with that or go for the one i in the link

Hugely worth it, the gains in peak numbers are only half the story.

Whilst you may only gain 10-20 bhp on peak power, at certain points in the rev range you could b 60bhp/60lbft up over a st1 map

Laavlyjubbly :) You just cost me more money LOL. Thanks buddy I'll look into the FMIC's that keep the foglights then.

prawn what do you think of that k03 with k04 internals mate? worth a bid? of will it break? lol im getting a k03s anyway should i just stay with that or go for the one i in the link

Joe, how much are you spending on the turbo ie. how much is the K03S and if you're getting work done to it.
Sorry for jumping in on your thread too, it's kinda related what I'm banging on about :)

Laavlyjubbly :) You just cost me more money LOL. Thanks buddy I'll look into the FMIC's that keep the foglights then.

Joe, how much are you spending on the turbo ie. how much is the K03S and if you're getting work done to it.
Sorry for jumping in on your thread too, it's kinda related what I'm banging on about :)

dont really know to be honest haha just seeing howit goes. k03s can go from £100 upwards ive seen afew for £150. im going with k03s fmic catback exhaust 007p forge valve 3"inch downpipe and decat then a custom map

dont really know to be honest haha just seeing howit goes. k03s can go from £100 upwards ive seen afew for £150. im going with k03s fmic catback exhaust 007p forge valve 3"inch downpipe and decat then a custom map

Sweet, pretty much the same as me then except yours is an AGU vs my AUM - I'm keeping the OEM cat back though. It'll be interesting to see the differences (small vs large port head) once we're done then.

Sweet, pretty much the same as me then except yours is an AGU vs my AUM - I'm keeping the OEM cat back though. It'll be interesting to see the differences (small vs large port head) once we're done then.

indeed buddy

on the way to getting my license back :D maybe getting another a3 1.8t agu and im hoping to buy the car and go k04 turbo with about £1400? do able?