1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 1.8 turbo exhaust help

munkyman Apr 21, 2009

1. munkyman

munkyman New Member

Hi all. The exhaust was blowing so I took it down to kwik fit. They told me it's the centre box/pipe needs replacing and quoted me £80 fitted. In about 6 months or so I'll probably upgrade the exhaust to a performance one likely to be Milltek.

My question is, is it worth me getting a standard centre box fitted from kwik fit now and then being able to fit a Milltek backbox when I'm ready?

Or would I be better getting a Milltek centre box for now if it's even available?

Any help is much appreciated.

2. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

i would go for a cat back system now. your going to replace it in 6 months time anyways so why bother paying for it twice. its a once in a life time purchase.

3. munkyman

munkyman New Member

Don't have the £300+ to get one right now so would like to know if I have other options....

4. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

5. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

if kwikfit quote £60 your more than likely gonna halve that at a decent garage, and most likely not gonna have a smeggy 'pretend' mechanic picking faults in your other components when he won't have a clue what hes talking about

Kwikfit = Robbin feckers and **** mechanic/sales staff

6. Keeno

Keeno Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

That's cos they ain't mechanincs. Just jumped up fitters who think they're mechanincs...

7. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

exactly.....

8. munkyman

munkyman New Member

The original plan was to do it myself so I called German and Swedish to see how much a centre pipe/box is and they quoted £50 + vat so I thought for the sake of an extra £20 I may as well get kwik fit to do it and I get a 3 year gaurantee with it as well.

Does this not seem a fair price?

9. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

how bad is it? can't you get some of these exhaust putty and try to fill in temporarily?

yes, you can get a Milltek one for now and get it fitted.