1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 1.8 T (Red T) ?

stores Dec 31, 2004

1. stores

stores New Member

Hi all,
    I have recently purchased my first Audi and am pleased as can be with her!!! It is a A3 1.8T sport on a Y reg plate 2001. I have seen a lot of similar Audi's but none appear to have the T in red at the back of the car. Does this have some meaning that i am as yet unaware of? Any answers would be much appreciated. Thanks and this site is the dogs for info on Audi so glad i found it and joined the Audi club!!!!

2. Smokebelch

Smokebelch New Member

I was under the impression that the red "T" signified that the car has the 180bhp setup rather than the 150bhp.

I have the red "T" on my TQ

3. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

the red T normally represents the higher brake horse power engine.

4. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Maybe somebody has just replaced the original off of a TDI?

5. Drill

Drill Member

Nah the red "T" is the same as those with the red "Flag" on the "T" in that it signifies the extra HP (180 vs 150). Audi went from the flag to the whole "T" for the 2001 model year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Suppose you could always check in the service book to be sure. It will confirm the Horse power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. stores

stores New Member

Hey thanks for the replies it appears i got more than i bargained for (in this case a plus) which makes a refreshing change

8. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

Go buy a lottery ticket!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

9. stores

stores New Member

now thats a thought maybe even 2 !!!!! i will let you know