A3 1.6 what type of speakers are they???

zaff79

Reaction score
hi can any one tell me about the speaker systems audi a3 comes with... i thought it supposed to boose but my speaker dont sound like that and what can i do to replace all my speakers................????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Bose was a £500 option on the A3 so very unlikely on a bottom of the range A3, but it's easy to check. If you have Bose then you'll have 2 speakers in the sub in the rear left cubbyhole, only one speaker in the non Bose system.
If it's Bose then you can't just replace the speakers as they are 2 ohm units and run off a 4ch amp in the boot.
If it's not Bose then you can replace the speakers but you won't get much better sound if you leave everything else the same as the fronts are 4" units and run off the 20w amp in the HU, so you can't really improve the system by just replacing the speakers.
The best upgrade is to add a sub, this will drastically improve not only the bass but the sound from the cabin speakers as well as they won't have to deal with any significant low frequencies.