1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a3 1.6 sport,no warm heaters after coolant flush...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by s3rpmb, Jul 4, 2013.

1. s3rpmb

s3rpmb New Member

[Jul 4, 2013]
    hi guys,wondered if i anybody knows how to bleed the cooling system properly after a flush.
    i have a 2002 a3 8l 1.6 petrol sport,gave the system a flush and renewed the coolant but now there is no heat coming from the heaters.
    ive done what i thought was right and topped up expansion bottle,heaters on full blast and max temperature and let it idle to let air out but still no heat from the heaters after a few attempts. (also done the same while revving to around 2000 rpm)

ive read there is a small pinhole on one of the heater matrix pipes on the bulkhead but when pulling the pipes back i cant see this bleed hole.

anybody else know what im doing wrong?

thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. kevin0410

kevin0410 New Member

[Jul 4, 2013]
    This isn't gonna really help but on my 2001 1.6 sport I've never needed to bleed the system when refilling.
  4. s3rpmb

s3rpmb New Member

[Jul 5, 2013]
    thanks for your reply mate,i didnt think it would be as hard as it is to get air out of the system,still no heat from the heaters.
    anymore suggestions anybody?

thanks
  5. colinchapman

colinchapman New Member

[Jul 18, 2013]
    The bleed hole is in the rubber hose not on the metal stub.Pull the hose until hole is clear of end of stub.Use something to probe the hole so you know when you have cleared the end of stub.