A3 1.6 Sport Back Sport, This is a great car 1 year on, 18000 Service

Flugel Hound

Reaction score
Ive now ran this A3 from new for 1 year and clocked up 18000 enjoyable miles.

Popped it into the dealer this morning and drove away an A4 SLine Saloon courtesy car. Im guessing it was a 2.0l, very smart looking with B&O Sound system.
The A4 made me appreciate how good the the A3 is. The A4 conjured up a few memories of the Passat i used to run. Handling was wollowy, on a flat road more comfortable than the A3, but I came across some undulations and my head was bobbing up and down like a nodding dog, yuk. Obviously faster which was nice.
The dash and user interface was dated compared with the A3, B&O Sound system was good but im not sure it was good enough to opt for it next time (torn on that one). A4 Zenon headlights were good to use. But i found the foot well was very restricted i guess this is to make room for 4wd cars.

Anyway I got the A3 for tax reasons which saves me a few bob and provides a very classy good handling motor. Very happy with the A3. Roll on December 2016

Reactions: jimladallen
Agree its a great motor. Also chose mine for tax reasons but its a solid, frugal, fairly nippy and classy car. 17000 miles since May and hasnt missed a beat...love it!

Current A4's and A5's are the most dated models in the Audi range IMO. Both have completely new models due for release mid/end 2016. Also the multitronic gearbox is terrible IMO!

I test drove a 1.6 TDI purely because it was an SE so i wanted to test the suspension, but I couldn't help but compliment it. So smooth, really pokey as well, nice engine.

Had a Focus 1.6 TDCI before, and that was fairly sluggish, then the turbo would hit and you would have a boost then nothing again. Nothing on the TDi engine.

Current A4's and A5's are the most dated models in the Audi range IMO. Both have completely new models due for release mid/end 2016. Also the multitronic gearbox is terrible IMO!
I understand the new A4 is due for release in early 2015 and Audi is replacing the multitronic with the s-tronic on all models.