A3 1.6 Engine & Traction control lights on :(

holderd

Reaction score
Morning All,

I'm hoping you can shed some light on a little niggle that has popped up this morning on the way to work...

Driving in this morning my traction control light came (and stayed) on. It wont go off when I press the button on the dash. I tried restarting the car but all that did was turn the engine light on too!

Now I know it didnt have much power in the first place but now its even worse than before. The engine revs OK but the delivery isnt the same- its restrained with a slight hesitation.

I know I shouldnt guess and that I need to get it scanned but does anyone have any ideas on the symtoms above? Also, does anyone live in and around Sheffield with Vagcom who could give it a scan for beer tokens?

Thanks in advance, Dan.

Update:

I have just been back out to the car and restarted it- now its just the engine light that is staying on??!!

Cheers,

You'll need to have it scanned as it could be a number of things causing the fault.

I had a similar issue with my esp and it turned out to be an abs sensor.

If you go into the vcds section on the forum theres a map of all vagcom owners on here

my light is on and has been on for while its a lamba sensor with mine get it scanned tho it could be anything

Grrrr, its back! Last time (back in June) it turned itself off after I left the battery disconnected for a while.

I've tried the same again to no avail- I've pm'd someone local to me off here asking for a scan in exchange for beer tokens.

In the meantime does anyone know what would put the engine & traction control lights on (and cause the definate lack of power)? I've spent the last few hours trawling through page after page of ABS Pump failures. Although nobody else is getting both the engine and traction lights on with this fault its still making me cringe!

I would be inclined to suspect something like an ABS sensor fault as listed above but why would it disappear for 5 months?

Any advice really will be appreciated.

Dan