A3 £.2 V6 DSG started stalling when coming to a standstill

Stoddy

Reaction score
Hi all,

got myself an A3 3.2V6 DSG, May 04. at the end of Jan it cut out when I stopped at some lights, traction control light came on, tried to restart and it would not idle, had to rev it and drop it in to gear, on the move it was fine, then when i stopped agin it was fine, restarted, light went out all ok, job done.

It then did it again at in the middle of feb, this time in the middle lane of the M25! not much fun, same again, traction control light on, and then joined by the orange engine light got it to the side of the road, the same as before, this time there was lots of traffic so had to call RAC, he dumped the fault codes ( old mass air flow sensor, steering column and a glow plug warning) he reset it and I was able to drive to a safe place, got towed home, put it in the garage and they could not recreate it. reset the codes and it was fine till yesterday.

yesterday same again, apart from this time it would idle and only occasionally stalled, traction control light on initially, then joined by orange engine light, after a bit of driving around and stalling it is OK again but now I have then orange engine light on all the time, but as I said the car is fine. got it booked in with an independent on Friday (soonest they could and I could).

I have read quite a few threads (old ones) that seem to desirable similar but none of them come to a conclusion, has anyone got any ideas please?

Can't comment on the car but the coloured text box and pink text is awful to read!

sorry, new to this game, how do I change it, do not want to offend

Its imposable to diagnose without the fault codes TBH. Now the engine light is stuck on and you know the codes were cleared before it should be pretty simple to see whats wrong.

Go to the top right hand side of the page and go into settings. Its pretty straight forward. Just a matter of changing fonts and colours to be honest. :)

No need to apologise. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention before you posted any more. :)

you need to get car scanned again and post the log from the scan as no1 can help without codes m8

OK, will do, orange engine light has gone out now, so now there is no evidence of the fault, will the ECU retain the codes or do i wit until it does it again?

fault will still show up

Had the same thing happen on my journey home from work last night, coming up to roundabout and slowing to allow myself a spot to slip into the traffic, traction control light came on and engine stalled. Similar in that it wont idle properly, starts to die even though you give it some throttle then it cuts back in then out then in then out etc. just about managed to get the last mile home by keeping it in gear all the time, then died on the drive. Be interested to see what you come up with :think:

Hi stoddy, Had my 3.2 for nearly six years now and still enjoy driving it, mine has also done exactly the same as yours with the stalling etc but fairly infrequently, the first time i did get it diagnosed at main dealer but i dont remember what it was they said,car did the stalling thing last November and twice back in January this year, thought i will get it fixed in a month or so as the haldex/gearbox service is nearly due,also the hesitation problem at 2000 rpm is more noticeable now so will get that looked at and also needs either a thermostat or sensor as the cooling fan runs when aircon is off and a cold engine, time to sort it all i think. Ps after parking mine up for a day or so all the lights on the dash had not come back on so there must be some sort of automatic reset perhaps hence no stalling since January.