1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A2 Stereo advice

Discussion in 'A2 forum' started by CocnutMacaroon, Oct 20, 2008.

1. CocnutMacaroon

CocnutMacaroon New Member

[Oct 20, 2008]
    the missus' car came with the Audi Chorus Radio Cassette, which i thought was strange for a 4 yr old car :scared2:
    Anyways, do any Audi units fit the A2 that are CD? ie Audi Chorus Cd version that is a single din unit? there was one on ebay but the guy advised me that it wouldnt fit......so any help would be great!!!

:salute:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. *Unkle*

*Unkle* Member

[Oct 21, 2008]
    lol

I know you couldn't even buy cassettes when Audi sold most of the A2's with a cassette player, its crazy!!

The simple answer is yes you can buy a direct replacement unit see pic of mine.

I have it plugged into a 20gb Sony hard drive (the bright light in the tray below) with an adaptor so i never use it for Cd's, Can't stand them lying around at home or the car, but thats just me. Its a good unit the Cd player and i think its a direct plug and play using the connectors (ISO) on the back.

The unit is called a Audi Concert, I hope this helps:thumbsup:

[​IMG]
  4. willnabby

willnabby RS-one day soon!!

[Nov 14, 2008]
    Unkle, your head unit is the same as mine, I'm about to add a sony 6 disc changer to it in the glovebox, I was wondering if you know if the plug arrangement at the back of the concert is something called quadlock (whatever that is) or not?
    To run the cd changer I need an interface adaptor from Connects2, they do one that says for quadlock & one that doesn't, I think ours doesn't have it but not sure:uhm:, any ideas?
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 14, 2008]
    Don't believe it's Quadlock, that was only introduced in the last couple of years, 07 on IIRC.
  6. CocnutMacaroon

CocnutMacaroon New Member

[Dec 31, 2008]