1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A2 PD75 Revo upgrade

Discussion in 'A2 forum' started by mikep, Jan 8, 2006.

1. mikep

mikep Member

[Jan 8, 2006]
    I did my first Revo uprgrade on an A2 diesel yesterday, wasn't sure how well it would perform, but very pleasantly surprised!

The ecu has to be flashed out of the car but as its under the passenger footwell, its quite easy to ge out.

The customer was so impressed he was pushing the money at me before I had to ask.

The gains are quite good, 33bhp and 27lb ft of torque. makes the car very responsive.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 24, 2014]

3. Geckz

Geckz New Member

[Jan 16, 2006]
    Was it on the 75 or 90bhp model?
  4. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Jan 17, 2006]
    Hell! That's a good gain...

I'm tempted to have it done on the other half's A2.

As has already been asked...was it a 75 or a 90?

Must have been a 75 surely?
  5. Geckz

Geckz New Member

[Jan 18, 2006]
    Sigh - I thought it was just me - I have now read the title of the thread!!!

It was a 75!

Mike - do you do an upgrade for the 90? or is the 90 aready pre-upgraded if you see what I mean
  6. mikep

mikep Member

[Feb 2, 2006]
    Sorry for the delay in replying, it's only for the PD75, but if we get copies of the PD90 code I'm sure something can be done for it.
  7. Geckz

Geckz New Member

[Feb 2, 2006]
    Forgive the next dumb question - which is how do you get copies of the code!

Cheers
  8. mikep

mikep Member

[Feb 2, 2006]
    I have a nice program which reads the contents of ecus, rather useful little utility it is too!
  9. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Feb 3, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sorry for the delay in replying, it's only for the PD75, but if we get copies of the PD90 code I'm sure something can be done for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

You state that a gain of 33bhp and 27lb ft of torque was observed...how was the PD75 performing as standard?

Was it bang on 75BHP on the rollers you used?
    What about the torque?

I was expecting slightly less of a power gain...but slightly more of a torque gain. Is the REVO code conservative with it's raise in boost level?

I'd be interested in seeing these figures as I'm currently looking for an upgrade for our PD75 A2.

Cheers,

Glen.
  10. mikep

mikep Member

[Feb 3, 2006]
    We didn't put it on the rollers, the figures quoted are the Revo figures from their RR tests. The closest working RR to my place is Clive Atthowes in Norwich 35 miles away.

The before and after test drive was sufficient for the customer to press the money into my hand without me asking!

I drove it before and after and was very surprised at the improvement. Much better pickup, holds acceleration longer, a lot smoother at the bottom end.

I'm used to this with the larger diesel and petrol cars, but I didn't expect as much from a 3 cyl 1.4 diesel.