A2 Fuel Consumption - averages

Geckz

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know this isn't that busy a forum - but if people could quickly post their fuel consumption figs here, it would be useful!

04 1.4Tdi (90)
Town-48mpg
Ex-54mpg
Avg-49mpg

Its not that its not a useful forum i just dont think there are many if any A2 drivers here mate ....i hope im wrong though and you get the answers you need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Geckz, if you haven't done so already, may be worth doing a search for A2 owners or enthusiasts clubs.

As CJ said, i think the majority of the members are A3 or A4 guys, not many A2 or even A8 members on here.

A2 Owners

Yeah not meany people about on those forums either. Guess the car doesn't excite people that much (or they are not the forum types)

ah well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know, I just bought an A2 and found it a bit slow out there, so just join in with the general Audi chat.

I have a 1.4tdi sport (90PS) and I get...

46 town
55 combined
and can get 65mpg if I take all the back roads etc.

Just deciding whether to take it to upsolute and get it chipped?

My new pocket rocket..

a2rear.jpg

a2int2.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc
My last 400 odd miles have all been city driving and that tank avaeraged 44.8mpg.
To get it over 60mpg is a real effort, and considering their marketing puts the combined figure at 65mpg I do have to wonder how they get away with it.

I agree it could do with a 6th gear, the car cruises really nicely at 90mph and it would be nice if the revs were 1800rpm or there abouts.
I don't think the bigger wheels make any difference though, I have changed 16" alloys on our 320d touring and on the 2.5tdi avant over to 18" ones and it didn't effect it at all, the circumferance shouldn't change.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm interesting - I can't get close to 65 mpg let along the 80 odd quoted.

I've had the climate off for the entire tank and everything! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best I can get is a trip down the motorway at 70-75 and then I've got 55mpg out of the tank.

My thoughts are
a) it really needs a 6th gear!
b) the sport's mahusive wheels decrease mpg?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many miles have you got on the clock mate?

Of the 3 Audi's I've owned they have not run in till over 15,000 miles.

Kev.

Now on 17,000 miles.

I have noticed the economy has started to creep up - however that may just be because I am getting used to the car! I used to own an Impreza so my driving was slightly at odds to the diesel to begin with!

My record is 76mpg which was achieved on a 220 mile motorway run.

Currently averaging 63 mpg (7 miles motorway, 3 miles A road)

Fuel consumption drops to a low of 58mpg in winter.

1.4TDi 75hp

I had a A2 tdi sport a couple of years ago, I often only used to get 40mpg. I think I must have been driving it very hard!!!!!!!!

I got rid of mine, I think that if you want to cruise at 70mph on motorways it is great, if you want to do 85mph though it is far from being economical.

Its not that its not a useful forum i just dont think there are many if any A2 drivers here mate ....i hope im wrong though and you get the answers you need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
I have just joined this Audi-sport site and it seems over the past 3-4 years there are many A2 owners sharing ideas and stories among themselves. I have also joined the A2oc.net website and this is where all the U.K and Europe A2 owners meet and share all manner of ideas and advice etc.

If you cannot find the answer you are looking for on this site I thorughly recommend that you try th A2OC.net it really is brilliant.

Mackinder.
Cardiff
2003 A2 TDi Blue - My precious

1.4 Remapped TDI

Avg 60-62 mpg

Just come back from a tour of Europe including the Ring visit and twisty mountain rounds in Switzerland, still managed 62mpg...