1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A1 or A3 1.2tfsi?

willowsdad Dec 12, 2011

1. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

thats still alot for 6yr ncb!
    i am 28, got 3 yrs ncb, no points, 2 non fault accidents in the last 3 yrs... paid £730 this year with Admiral

2. BBlackburn

BBlackburn Member

Seriously, I'm 20 have 5 points no ncb as I was on company insurance and pay less than £1000.

3. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

I'm 19, no ncb, i pay 1700 fully comp

4. 1inchpunch

1inchpunch Member

I have to agree that this is just mental. On a monthly pay up the insurance costs would be more than the car payments. I don't know how anyone could stomach that or even think it's sensible. That's money that will never be seen again. Under these circumstances I have to say that buying a banger, insuring it TPF&T to build up NCB is the only way to go.

Since we are comparing. I pay £300 for insurance :)

5. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

The A1 is growing on me, the rear I'm still not 100%. Problem with buying a brand new/nearly new A3 now is you're buying an ageing car, essentially nearly 10years old with regular facelifts to keep it going whereas the A1 is all new and does still look premium despite being a smaller car than even the A3.

Also has anyone else noticed that the values of A3s seem to have dropped a lot this year?, not sure if it's the same on all cars, but earlier this year they were noticeably higher (as in I struggled to find a S-Line Sportback TDI for under £9k in March but now there seems to be loads from around £7k??)

6. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways

What broker do you use mate? I'm with him doing online quotes for a 1.2 polo and the cheapest is coming in at £3000!

7. BBlackburn

BBlackburn Member

Well I was getting quotes like that at first before I bought my 06 corsa, ended up on company insurance.

8. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

I'm with aviva pal

9. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways

Thanks mate. We gave it a try and it came in at 5 grand! We thought it might be his postcode so we tried mine and it went up! I've been
    genuinely surprised by the size of these quotes today, I'm glad I've got a good ncb behind me.

10. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

i know mate its gay

11. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

Try Swift Cover. Great prices with good policies. £256 Fully Comp, full NCB, 3 points for speeding, S3 in Edinburgh. Was by far the best deal online at the time.