A1 emission update

C@trina

C@trina
Reaction score
I own an Audi A1, 1.6 2012, and it's due to have the emission update. I'm in 2 minds as have heard some have experienced reduced power/acceleration changes etc. Has anyone had it done and were there any changes to your cars performance after?
Thanks

Reactions: Oli Wal
I'd be interested to hear others thoughts too.
The OH has just bought her A1 after three years of PCP-ing it and she's just had the letter. It does not specify what they will do exactly only that it will
"have no negative impact on engine performance, maximum torque, fuel consumption, noise or CO2 emissions"
Well if that's the case, why did they bother with the defeat software in the first place!?
I seem to recall hearing a service manager saying that it's not something you have a say in and that if you don't bring your car in for the recall they will apply it when the see the car next.

We have got a 62 plate 2 ltr Diesel and it had its emissions update on Wed. The car is so much better, runs much better and much quicker, wife drove it the next day and when I asked her was the car any better she said much quicker. Not sure if the garage cleared any faults or not but no problems with it so far. Nothing to worry about. Baz

Has anyone else had their emissions update done? Since mine my mpgs have dropped noticeably from an all time average of 50, but recently 54-55 to 47-48 over the last 3 tanks of fuel since the update. Anyone think Audi will do anything about this?