1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a1 dsg 180 bhp what mpg

Discussion in 'A1 forum' started by cejsmith, Dec 29, 2013.

1. cejsmith

cejsmith Member

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a dsg a1 and I was wondering on what sort of mpg are you getting I do 25 k a year so it's fairly important.
  2. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

Remember they only have a 45L fuel tank so long distances aren't really suited to the car.
  3. cejsmith

cejsmith Member

I don't actually do long distances , it 50 miles each way to work, either along the m1/m25 or cross country.
  4. Pulp84

Pulp84 Well-Known Member

The economy I get with mine is good considering the strong performance of the engine. I get 48-50 mpg on a longish motorway run. Around town / fast A roads I get about 38mpg. You have to drive fairly saintly to get that. If I'm having fun (which is often) I get around 25-28 mpg.
  5. Bigslope

Bigslope Member

My wife gets 32-36 around town and 42-46 on a longer run.
    With 185bhp on tap its a great return and what a fab car it is. Get it bought
  6. Hicksy92

Hicksy92 New Member

Hi just out of interest has the mpg got better as your engine got more worn in from new , I have a new be 140 cod stronic , and to be honest I'm only just squeezing 38-39 mpg on mixed driving , but it's only got 700 miles on the clock, if I drove it till the red light comes on for fuel I would get 300 miles per tank full.
  7. Pulp84

Pulp84 Well-Known Member

It was not great for the first 2000 miles. About 30 mpg for day to day driving mix of town and A roads. Improved as time moved on. I find these TFSI engines do not like to have anything other than very careful driving until warm. As soon as that turbo spools up while cold it will drink petrol.

Your economy does sound on the low side as I get what you are getting and same miles from the tank. It should get better though.
  8. Hicksy92

Hicksy92 New Member

Thanks for your reply, it's actually worst than I first thought , it's looks like it's doing 33-34 not the 39 mpg I first thought, that's nearly half the manufacture figures , I find it hard that our freelander was doing 33.4 mpg and the audi being such a small car is doing the same , at least the petrol is cheaper .