A Wheel Sealant Question...

Adam_A3_

Reaction score
Hi All

I sealed my Rotar wheels with poor boys wheel sealant.. the problem is I rushed the job and left some sealant thicker in some areas. now on the inside on one of the wheels, I always get a dark brown stain following the contour of the internal walls...

my question is that is there anything that I can use to completely remove the sealant and start again and seal properly?

cheers Ad

LOL...I chose the wrong sealant then....ok - so what sealant would you guys recommend for use on the rotars? :)

Whist I don't rate G techic products, it's on the right path...

you are looking for a longer lasting ceramic or dedicated high temp wax/coating.

So something like C5, or a cheaper way is FK1000P high temp wax, which I've found to last well.

I currently use both a ceramic sealant (ceramishield) and a wheel wax (definitive rotundus wax)

I've always had good experiences with the Poorboys wheel sealant durability.. that said I do usually apply about four layers. My only gripe is that it isn't the easiest product to remove when left to cure for a while.

As for your original question - if you aren't planning on spending money on a dedicated wheel cleaner then just use some strong APC, clay is another option but it shouldn't be needed after the APC.

I've always had good experiences with the Poorboys wheel sealant durability.. that said I do usually apply about four layers. My only gripe is that it isn't the easiest product to remove when left to cure for a while.

As for your original question - if you aren't planning on spending money on a dedicated wheel cleaner then just use some strong APC, clay is another option but it shouldn't be needed after the APC.

Thanks. As im not too sure...what is APC? I know what IPA is :)

All Purpose Cleaner. If you don't want to wait for an order then pop to the supermarket and get some Daisy APC.. it's perfectly adequate without the detailing brand premium prices.

Has anyone used their wheel sealant on their exhaust tips? Reason i ask i mine get dirty real quick and it takes an age to clean...

Has anyone used their wheel sealant on their exhaust tips? Reason i ask i mine get dirty real quick and it takes an age to clean...

I use FK1000P on my exhaust tips mate. They still get just as dirty but are definitely easier to clean.

Reactions: Adam_A3_
I've heard the carbon collective sealant is good for wheels & exhausts… bit like slick rims, its a nano coating if I'm correct but its about half the price, slick rims is £45 a bottle..

To be fair you can use pretty much anything on wheels to protect them, but the specific sealants on the market are developed to protect against brake dust build up and other nastys that get on the wheels as opposed to the sort of things that get on your paintwork..

I've tried Slickrims wasn't impressed to be honest especially at £47, only used twice wheels never seemed that clean after jet washing.

Now using Swisswax Autobahn as recommended by polished bliss so hoping for good things.... We'll see....

Reactions: scotty76 and Adam_A3_
I've used poorboys. It was ok but I did find it hard to remove if you got the coat to thick. I've had some CG wheel guard in the drawer for ages but haven't used it yet. Does anyone know if that's any good?

I've used poorboys. It was ok but I did find it hard to remove if you got the coat to thick. I've had some CG wheel guard in the drawer for ages but haven't used it yet. Does anyone know if that's any good?

How do you apply it? A pad applicator should ensure a thin layers applied. I'm guessing its difficult to remove because its cured for too long ? I'm using poor boys wheel sealant as well, had it on my car for about 1 month and cleaning the alloys seem easy enough (I'm still testing its durability).

Hi All

I sealed my Rotar wheels with poor boys wheel sealant.. the problem is I rushed the job and left some sealant thicker in some areas. now on the inside on one of the wheels, I always get a dark brown stain following the contour of the internal walls...

my question is that is there anything that I can use to completely remove the sealant and start again and seal properly?

cheers Ad

I'd recommend a finishing polish and you can rub this in by hand with a pad applicator and then wipe off with a microfibre towel. This works really well and because its a finishing polish, its not going to instill any scratches

How do you apply it? A pad applicator should ensure a thin layers applied. I'm guessing its difficult to remove because its cured for too long ? I'm using poor boys wheel sealant as well, had it on my car for about 1 month and cleaning the alloys seem easy enough (I'm still testing its durability).

Maybe I did leave it on too long to cure. Guess I got carried away with the interior. Oh well. I'll try the CG's on my new s3 when I get it September.

what does everyone recommend then, a paste/wax type of sealant or a bottle based one, such as G-techniq?

I've just tried poor boys wheel sealant done the wheels 2wks ago done 2 coats I'm going to give the car a good clean this weekend so I'll see how easy the wheels clean up