1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A weekend giving my car a good clean!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by stevehall, Mar 12, 2009.

1. stevehall

stevehall Member

I am after some advice, on what to buy, and where from. I have had the car for about 6months (and done about 20k miles) and never really given it any TLC and as we have had a bit of sun the past few days it makes my car look dull.

I have been reading through the Polished Bliss posts and found them very useful. And I have been thinking about getting my hands on these items

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/meguiars-quik-clay-kit-clean.html
    http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-kit-protect.html

This is my car – These are the pictures off the garage when I first bought the car.

[​IMG]

Also anyone get any tips for keeping the pipes clean? As you can see on this pic they are very dirty, and this was 20k miles ago, at first i thought they were black - but last weekend put a bit of wet and dry paper to them and they now have a little shine.

[​IMG]
  2. Consultant

Consultant DSG

The quick clay kit and Jeff's Acryclic kit are excellent products and will look great on your car.

You will definetly notice the difference, even after using the clay.

Have you got any washing materials and shampoo as this kit maybe useful:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/lambswool-wash-mitt-wash.html

as a good wash mitt and high quality shampoo will help reduce the damage made to your car upon washing.

for the pipes you can use #0000 wire wool, you can get this from b and q with some metal polish.

Good luck and take some pics
  3. S3fan

S3fan Kiteyboy

The Werkstat kit is perfect for your car. It is easy to use and the results are great.

[​IMG]
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Aye, on your colour I'd be going with Werkstat; it's awesome, and so easy to use and maintain. The exhaust tips look like they are going to need a lot of work. I'd suggest using 0000 grade wire wool and Blackfire Fine Cut Metal Polish, followed by Raceglaze Alutech Metal Polish applied using a Lake Country German Light Cut Pad - the first stage will cut back and clean up, while the second stage will refine and maximise the shine. In some cases we have had to break out a Dremmel and polishing heads to fully restore caked up exhaust tips - hopefully it won't come to this! :icon_thumright:
  5. stevehall

stevehall Member

So gutted! Such a nice weekend but i dont have my car, its been in the bodyshop for some work and should of been back on Friday but they taking there time!

So will have to do it another weekend now!
  6. stevehall

stevehall Member

The weekend coming i think is going to be the one!!

Do we have a group discount code for polished bliss?? – Cant blame a guy for trying!
  7. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

No group discounts available, rather a generic 5% off to anyone who spends over £100 in one go. Keeps it fair for everybody! :yes:
  8. KarenCaren

KarenCaren Member

If you want to make your pipe clean. Remove it then polish it with a meguiar's products. As per the whole car. You can polish it too. But after a doing that put a good coat of wax on it.