1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A very sad goodbye for now...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Customboy, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Customboy

Customboy Member

[Jul 12, 2012]
    Well I'm still weighing up my options I'm just glad to be on the mend, but two years of hard work and saving gone, not sure if still have the heart to go on but will fight tooth and nail with insurance company to get a good decent payout then take it from there,

On a more personal note I simply can't thank everyone for their love and support means a massive amount to me and hopefully try to get things sorted and back in a car ASAP Audi or not
  2. Benjiman46

Benjiman46 R-Tech Terrorist

[Jul 12, 2012]
    Cat C is cosmetic though, that's clearly a Cat D. Still could be repairable though :)
  3. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

[Jul 12, 2012]
    buy back is usually as low as 10% of the payout (i got a 106 back for £70) no re mot needed as it was still valid

with the 106 i had it trucked home, assessor looked at it at my house, the car never left my driveway, i didn't incure any storage charges for the ins co, had it vic tested and it was back on the road

also ask for the salvage back NOW as the ins co may scrap the car to save storage costs!
  4. S3 Andy

S3 Andy Member

[Jul 12, 2012]
    don't mean to be a ****, but how did someone smash into the front of your car on a dual carrige way?
  5. Big_jim

Big_jim Member

[Jul 12, 2012]
    C is Worse than D. It doesn't matter what the damage is, its the value of the car vs the value of the repair.

The Cat C 328i Sport i had, he said it would be a Cat D. I wasn't happy with the offer so i argued it, and they gave me more, but put it as a Cat C.
    I didn't care anyway as i broke it for spares once id got it home!
  6. 16Klappe

16Klappe RacecaR forward is RacecaR backwards. Supporter

[Jul 12, 2012]
    Bobby, that is shocking. It's a bonnet, a light cluster a wing and a bumper. Get it fixed.

I'll be really upset if you leave the fold, don't go :(
  7. AJC

AJC 3rd Gear

[Jul 12, 2012]
    My experience as a result of a written off car was quite different. Insurance company accepted I was not at fault, that the car was beyond economical repair and subsequently wrote it off. They agreed a pre accident value of £20,000 (fair price) which as I understand it is so that I can go and buy a similar replacement car and duly sent me a cheque for this amount. Repair centre had already sent the car to a salvage yard (without my permission) who wanted to buy the car as salvageable parts. I spoke directly to them and agreed a price of £5000 for the car as it was and received a cheque from them for this amount in addition to the £20,000 from the Insurance company.

In my experience the only issue to resolve was establishing a fair pre accident value. The Insurers (Admiral) were not interested in owning my car or in what I intended to do with it. Either way £25,000 in my pocket after what had been a right PITA certainly helped to put a smile back on my face.