A taste of Audi quality to come?

ex996

Reaction score
So less than 2 months into my Audi ownership experience and something has gone wrong on my S3. Just the one-touch feature on the electric windows but annoying nonetheless and kinda makes you wonder what might be next.

Is this a known issue with the A3?

Sometimes it happens just turn the ignition off and then hold the window button up for a few seconds, then hold it down to put the window down and it should work ok again.

Christ, some of us would love to have such trivial problems!
Consider yourself lucky mate.
;-)

My golf the windows go up and bounce back down in the summer, VW's cure was to cover the car with lubruricating oil ! it still doesn't always work ...

JamS3 said:
Sometimes it happens just turn the ignition off and then hold the window button up for a few seconds, then hold it down to put the window down and it should work ok again.

Yep as per page 69 of the owner's manual

Mine is exactly the same. Happens 2/3 times on some journeys - I personally think its the amount of water which floods the switches when you open the door or open the window if the car is wet.

My windows also bounce all the time - this also causes the one touch to stop working.

Having owned now approx 20 cars from the VW group and 20 from GM i'd say that if you want something that looks nice, feels nice and is built to last 3 miles with shody customer service then buy VW group. If you want it to feel cheap, drive cheap but last then buy GM.

Its a shame, but Audi group just dont understand. If you want reliable and customer service then buy somethign from Japan ;)

wow i thought i was the only person with this problem. when my one touch doesnt work, my convenience lock on the remote also fails to work. this problem is intermittent and the windows probably work more often than not, but it's still a huge annoyance

Lol, I get the window problem sometimes tool!

I close the window and it opens it's self about 20%, so I close it again and it opens 20% again, this happens about 4 times in a row, this signals the failure of the one touch on that side, after a while the window sorts itself out, then the bouncing happens on the other window and the one touch stops on that side for a while too!

I would just like to add My window works fine, Ive had no problems (fingers crossed)

siu00adg said:
Lol, I get the window problem sometimes tool!

I close the window and it opens it's self about 20%, so I close it again and it opens 20% again, this happens about 4 times in a row, this signals the failure of the one touch on that side, after a while the window sorts itself out, then the bouncing happens on the other window and the one touch stops on that side for a while too!

I have exactly the same problem.

Originally Posted by JamS3

Cheers JamS3, that has worked for me!

LOL I love this place! If you don't know what you're doing it must be a problem with the car! :p

Remember; If all else fails, read the handbook!!

Nelson_Wilbury said:
LOL I love this place! If you don't know what you're doing it must be a problem with the car! :p

So, as long as it's covered by the handbook it can't be classified as a fault ?
Like the excessive oil consumption in the 2.0tdi ?
The book mentions as low as 800 miles per litre of oil is 'acceptable'.
Oh well, that can't be a fault then, coz it's in the book!

Originally Posted by Nelson_Wilbury

Too busy to trawl though page after page of dull manual! That's why I posted, to get a quick response.
Is it too much to expect simple windows to work properly?

bowfer said:
So, as long as it's covered by the handbook it can't be classified as a fault ?
Like the excessive oil consumption in the 2.0tdi ?
The book mentions as low as 800 miles per litre of oil is 'acceptable'.
Oh well, that can't be a fault then, coz it's in the book!

As I've said before, it depends on how you drive the car. Just because you have a blinkered habit of not looking at facts in the face doesn't mean you are right all the time. The 1 litre per 1000km rule is the very minimum which Audi say is acceptable; I've never EVER seen an Audi do oil that quickly. At the worst I've seen a litre every 2000km and that car was doing about 25 miles a week (3 miles a day on average) therefore the engine and car never even had a chance to slightly warm up. The person shouldn't have been sold a 2.0TDi in the first place. Cars will use oil (especially a thin oil like 5W-30) if they don't even have the chance to warm up and run in properly.

For example; my A4 2.0TDi did an average round trip of 50 miles per day. In 25000 miles I used 1.4 litres oil top-up oil. 0.7 litres at 5900 miles, the second 0.7 litres at 14000 miles. My 2.0TDi A3 has used exactly the same amount except the second lot was topped up at 13200 miles.