A sombre hello

RYes3

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

Been hanging around for a while, great site :)

Anyhow, had some devestating news this morning :(

Back at the beginning of April I ordered a brand new Audo S3 3 Door Black Edition in white with the bucket seats, folding mirrors and shed loads of other extras. Super excited I was...............

Until I received a call this morning stating that Audi had rejected my order as they are not making any new 3 door's until new model release. They offered me a 5 door for the same money but I turned that down as it just isn't the same car to me :(

I am absolutely devestated............. I could honestly cry :(

Hi, welcome to ASN. Sad news indeed about the new car. What you going to do now? Is there any other model you like enough to buy? On a positive note, i am glad you like the site. We are a friendly bunch on here. Keeps us updated on what you decide to buy. Please have a look around and enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Sandra, thanks.

I am not sure, my dealer is attempting to sway the decision but I am not holding out much hope.

If not I guess the only thing I can do is to buy a nearly new car as close to spec as possible. There is hardly any with the bucket seats though :(

I am a little peeved to be honest, they have been advertised on the site since I ordered, the dealer knew nothing of the stop in production and I have also handed over £!!

That's poor (by Audi). Can't believe they'd let the order be placed, makes me wonder if the dealer committed it on the system when you placed your order???

Tough call really as if you don't like the 5 door then it's going to put you in quite a spot. Don't suppose a TT-S would cover it off? (Didn't for us as it didn't have enough boot space).

Best of luck getting it sorted and enjoy the site.

Hey Warren,

Just read your build thread! Awesome, looks like I wont get to experience that brand new experience though :(

I'm pretty sure he placed the order as he was waiting for a build date...

The TT-S is a nice bit of kit, I just have my heart set on an S3 though. I could buy used I suppose, just very disheartened right now :(

Hopefully you find something soon. Warrens build thread is awesome and a fantastic read. There are a few other good threads to read. Users westy is good as is prawns and tufftys, there in the 8l section. A few others are amar panoramic roof build thread also anything by itwasntme and ads in the 8p section. :)

Hi and welcome along. Very sad news and I can imagine how you must be feeling. Hope you find a nearly new in the spec you are after, there will be one out there somewhere, dont loose heart. Enjoy the site

I just had a call from the dealer, they have a contact in Germany on the production line and they think they may be able to get it in as an order if they pull a few strings, I have been told not to get my hopes up so for now I wont.... It's a small glimmer of hope though!