A rather strange sitting

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Whilst I was out driving today I saw coming the other way, a car transporter loaded with 3-door A3s. Not that unusual except that they were all Red. I thought was perhaps the Royal Mail was going up in the world!!

That driving training company I bet, BSM is it?

Bill plant uses a3s

Good shout.....but I really think this is a bad car to learn to drive in as we all know the A3 pretty much drives itself, so it might get you through your test easier/earlier but does not give you the right type of leanring experience...IMHO

The MMI has a 'driving school mode' in some markets that displays extra info.

What's the story with driving tests & stalling the car with stop/start? Should be easy fix now as car would restart itself.

Ditto for hill starts; either with standard Hill Hold or optional Hold Assist.

Well, easy until the driver gets in a car without them.....

My wife is a driving instructor and she tells me that start/stop is fine to use on test and not marked as a stall. Hill assist (ie the standard one) is also ok but not hold assist (ie the infinite hold option).

Electric handbrake ok too (was changed a year or so ago).

Car is also allowed to have parking sensors front and rear and camera!!

Reactions: JohnM100
My wife is a driving instructor and she tells me that start/stop is fine to use on test and not marked as a stall. Hill assist (ie the standard one) is also ok but not hold assist (ie the infinite hold option).

Electric handbrake ok too (was changed a year or so ago).

Car is also allowed to have parking sensors front and rear and camera!!

Thanks itguy. Was curious about start/stop & hold assist for learner drivers and could not see anything from a google search. Thanks for the info. Parking sensors allowed too!Man: all the hard stuff is being made easy.

Driving school mode just displays extra info in the MMI. AFAIK it's not like Drive Select or anything like that..

John.

Mine could well be on there :thumbsup:

Whilst I was out driving today I saw coming the other way, a car transporter loaded with 3-door A3s. Not that unusual except that they were all Red. I thought was perhaps the Royal Mail was going up in the world!!

Not as unusual as you think. My company offer junior managers either a 118d, A3 SE or a Golf GT as company car but only available in like two colours ! Think base red is one of the colours they offer!