1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quick question on audi concert cd player.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by HenriEST, Apr 29, 2010.

1. HenriEST

HenriEST Member

[Apr 29, 2010]
    I always wondered if i could somehow attach an usb or an aux lead to the back of the unit? is it possible? if it isnt is there anyother ways i could modify the unit so i could play songs off usb or player?

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Apr 29, 2010]
    it is possible to attach some thing to the back i just cant think what now the guy i got mine from had some thing that run a memory card. ill have to try fine it now lol
    all though james will no im sure right james :icon_thumright:
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 29, 2010]
    Dension do an ipod kit which will allow you to keep the CD multichanger if you specify the CD retention option.

Is that what you mean?
  5. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Apr 29, 2010]
    i really cant rember now mate from what the guy said it was some thing that pluged into the back and then it sat in the clovebox and you just put a normal sd card in it
    was about £70 pounds new i was going to but it with the cd player but did have the cash at the time
  6. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

[Apr 29, 2010]
    get a connects2 device off the bay, this will give you an aux in ( tricking your head unit to think its a cd changer ), plug in ipod or similar device, job done
  7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 29, 2010]
    ICE isn't my strong-point, so I'll stand down from this one ;)
  8. 1wheelonly

[Apr 29, 2010]
    your on meltdown james lmfao
  9. 1wheelonly

10. drewbee

drewbee Member

[Apr 29, 2010]
    The connects2 on that link that's 49.99, how easy is it to fit on my double din with tape and cd changer? Sorry don't know the name of it. Is it simply plug and play? Cheers
  11. j033y

j033y Member

[Apr 30, 2010]
    I got an Xcarlink for mine, works a treat, it has ipod input and Aux input and you can retain your cd changer.

It also charges my iphone and you can change tracks from the cd player or steering controls if you have them!
  12. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

[Apr 30, 2010]
    How much was the xcarlink jo33y? I have considered an iPod connection for mine, as the 6cd concert just doesn't do it for me!
  13. j033y

j033y Member

[Apr 30, 2010]
    It was about £90 seems a lot, but it does all i need and real easy to instal and i can use my cd changer still.

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/bmy_search.php?brand=AUDI&model=A4&Year=2004

there are 2 on that page, the top one i bought, it allows you to plug in and ipod/iphone at the bottom of your ipod/iphone using proper docking connector. it charges it too, really good bit of kit, it also allows you to plug a 3.5 mm jack into the main box, so you can have 2 things plugged into the box! I have the 3.5mm lead plugged in and in the glovebox incase anyone wants to plug something else in. The ipod lead comes from the centre console below the air con controls (had to make a hole in the back of the storage casing bit!!, but you cant see it!)

Seems to work well, good sound quality, instructions were a bit ****, but I worked it out without them! you get radio keys too to remove the radio and plug it in!

The other option is an aux/sd card one..