A question for Storage Pack owners

I

imported_xapno

G'day Team,

A question about the Storage Pack.

I am looking at including this option on my order. I want the nets on the seat backs (kids...) and the underseat compartments etc, but Mrs Xapno objects strongly to the look of the net on the passenger side of the centre console. Is this net removable? Is it the only net that this option adds into the front area of the car? Can someone check on theirs and please let me know what sort of damage they think I would leave if I ripped this one out.

I have asked my dealer these questions but he is not sure. A response from Audi via him will undoubtedly be slower (and less reliable) than from this community.

Cheers.

Xanpo,

Just had a quick look and its not clear how it is fixed on. It could be plastic rivetted from the back or glued. Not sure. I think it would look messier out than in. Its not in your eye line and is actually quite useful. It is the only net in the front of the car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
G'day Team,

A question about the Storage Pack.

I am looking at including this option on my order. I want the nets on the seat backs (kids...) and the underseat compartments etc, but Mrs Xapno objects strongly to the look of the net on the passenger side of the centre console. Is this net removable? Is it the only net that this option adds into the front area of the car? Can someone check on theirs and please let me know what sort of damage they think I would leave if I ripped this one out.

I have asked my dealer these questions but he is not sure. A response from Audi via him will undoubtedly be slower (and less reliable) than from this community.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Xapno,

I don't have this option fitted, but do know, as you can buy them seperately from VAG parts, that they are indeed screwed on. A plastic trim then clips over to conceal the screws. So if you were to remove this after factory fit, I think it would look messy 'cause of the 3 or 4 screw holes through the centre console trim.

It may be easier to purchase the car without this option and purchase new seat backs which have the nets attached. Don't know how much this would cost, but if you get the dealer to work it in as part of the original deal then it shouldn't prove much / if any more than the storage package list price.

Hope you get it sorted.

It really is visually unobtrusive. And for the passenger, it comes in handy in many ways: cell phone, small bottle, map, it can hold many things...

Here is a few pics, these may help....

001__scaled_600.jpg

Xapno..

The net on the console is for the benefit of the ladies anyway - stops all her sh*t sliding under your seats and round the footwell.

Brolly, bag, phone, tissues, mints, compact, keys, magazine etc etc you know the usual stuff they carry everywhere..................

My missus says its the best bit on ours. (a 24 grand net pocket on wheels)

i think the user (your wife) needs some re-education as to its merits! even though that may be the path of least resistance initially, i think its a road any Aussie man should be more than capable of taking his wife down!! LOL (unless the aussie machismo is all for show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

those luggage nets look pretty useful to me! wouldnt mind them in my s3. especially when i'm in hooligan mode!

Definitely useful when hooning.

Especially the bag hooks in the boot - genius. Stops the spilt curry saga.

[ QUOTE ]
Xapno..

The net on the console is for the benefit of the ladies anyway - stops all her sh*t sliding under your seats and round the footwell.

Brolly, bag, phone, tissues, mints, compact, keys, magazine etc etc you know the usual stuff they carry everywhere..................

My missus says its the best bit on ours. (a 24 grand net pocket on wheels)

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys,

Your missing the point. Another net means more clutter, and I hate clutter. What the h*ll are you letting your wife in the car for anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif she only nags when you go over the speed limit by 2mph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

But secure clutter is better then clutter sliding all over the place.

Mess limitation device.

[ QUOTE ]

Mess limitation device.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ban clutter, full stop. It always bugs me getting into the wife's car, it's almost certainly tidy by most peoples standards, but I hate clutter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I agree that the bag hooks are very useful. I've had bottles of wine smash on the way back from the Sainsburys TWICE and its always red and it stinks the car out for weeks. More storage for me does mean more mess after a weekend away with the Mrs. How can she fill the door pocket, the glove box and the arm rest with crap??? I just hope that she doesn't fill the door pocket with sick in this car like she did in the old one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I agree, she has to take all the clutter out when we get home. But if it slides under the seats, its harder to get up.

Can you get and 'audi' kiddy bin, you know, the ones that stick to the window? Maybe the wife could get one too.

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely useful when hooning.

Especially the bag hooks in the boot - genius. Stops the spilt curry saga.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curry in a Audi, think of the smell, and the dripping overspill from a Lamb tikka jalfrezi soaking the paper carrier and inturn through the plastic carrier bag with breather holes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mess limitation device.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ban clutter, full stop. It always bugs me getting into the wife's car, it's almost certainly tidy by most peoples standards, but I hate clutter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no crap in my car either... But I kinda doubt that surprises any of you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mess limitation device.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no crap in my car either... But I kinda doubt that surprises any of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you'd be another 'ban the clutter' member MB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

All thats in my car is a pack of Cd's, ipod mini in the arm rest and 2 pairs of sun glasses in the pocket under the drivers seat along with a cloth for wiping down the piano trim whihc ALWAYS seems to be covered in finger prints and dust....

[ QUOTE ]

...but Mrs Xapno objects strongly to the look of the net on the passenger side of the centre console...

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps Mrs Xapno could use the net to store that giant thumb when its not stuck on your forehead?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

My car is spotless too, no 'debris' everywhere, unless the misses has been in it and deposited 'stuff' in the door pocket whilst I was not looking.

However, her car is another matter. Whenever we go out in it, she has to empty the front seat (yes, the boot and rear seats are already full) so I can clamber in. You don't open the glovebox or you'll never get it closed again - found an asylum seeker hiding out in there once!

I did get the last laugh last summer. She bought a carton of milk but mislaid it somewhere in the car! A few weeks later she found it, or rather it found her when it exploded! Milk in a hot car doesn't last long! The stench!

The only thing my wife has to move if I get in is the shoes she uses for driving from the passenger's footwell - not a good idea to drive in heeled shoes. She been well 'trained' over the years !