1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A newbie to this confusing world of caring more than you should about your car.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Stormtec, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Stormtec

Stormtec New Member

Hi guys,

I happened across this forum while trawling google for information on car bits and bobs and I thought the community here seemed pretty cool, so I decided to sign myself up =]

I'm a proud owner of a rather modestly-specced 2008 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI (160bhp) and relatively new to modifying anything on my car as a whole (I'd say I am more informed than I am experienced). I've had this car for just about a year now and it's honestly the first car I've owned that I actually feel like putting some money and work into (I used to a drive a 2005 Civic 1.6 which, while not too shabby, was kind of... middling in the performance department).

So I guess this is the part where I post a picture:

20120624_204219.jpg

So there it is. It's the facelifted version (I believe?), so it doesn't look too dated, I guess. However, it still looks a bit... plain.

I guess that is partly why I'm here though =P

Hope to learn a lot from you all!
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. You will find plenty of info in the faqs threads in the A3 8P section. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x
  3. Stormtec

Stormtec New Member

Thanks, Sandra. I'm in the East Midlands.

I've already browsed the A3 8P section and can already tell that there are a lot of friendly, helpful enthusiasts on here. I hope y'all can tolerate my newbie, and no doubt lacking-in-class, questions.
  4. hughjass

hughjass Is there somefin in my teef?

Hi and welcome