1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Convert

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by McD_135, Jun 15, 2013.

1. McD_135

McD_135 New Member

Hi All

After driving a couple of Focus' (first one was 2ltr Zetec then ST170) for the last 7 years I decided to make a leap of faith and go for the four rings.
    It wasn't really a leap of faith as late 2011 my wife got a beauty of a TT (2.0TDI 170 quattro s-line) and when I got to drive it, it was totally different class from the Focus. When the time came to say good-bye to the ST170 I looked around at what was available, predominantly looking at Ford again. Toyed with the idea of the new Focus ST but as it's only available in a 5 door chassis it was out. Looked into the upcoming Fiesta ST and the realised that I'm kind of past the boy racer stage. The good lady suggested looking where she got her TT and as if by magic this lovely 2010 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition had just come on the market. After a phone call the next morning a deposit was paid and a trip to Listers in Coventry followed the next weekend.
    A long way to go just for a car? Not likely. Got a much better deal heading south than I could get anywhere in Scotland.
    That was in November and I've never looked back since. Love the car.
    No mods on the car and to be honest the only thing I'm thinking about at the moment is the wheels, but I don't know what direction to go - new wheels or just getting piano black powder coating on the originals which I like anyway.
    Thats enough about me. It' all about the cars now. Here they are after a wash. Enjoy.

Bri

IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    Sandra likes this.
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Hi Bri, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Head over to the A3 8P section, lots if info in the faqs threads. I will add you to the scottish members list and leave you a link for the scottish meets section. Our next big meet is the Scottish Car Show at the SECC, Glasgow on the 21 july. Hope you can join us. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Scotland
  3. WOLF

WOLF I am WOLF.......

A good leap Bri,welcome to the forum.
    Nice motor!
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Welcome to the site Bri.

If any oem technology mods take your fancy, give me a shout as I supply/fit them all for the 8P.

I will be at the car show on the 21st of July aswell so up in the area :)
  5. McD_135

McD_135 New Member

Hi All
    Been away from the site for a while and since then me and the good lady replaced our cars. We picked them up middle of May and have just started enjoying them in the fantastic weather we've been having. Trouble is that it's always an argument when we are going out together as to who's driving
    We both went for TT's this time, 2.0TDI S-Line Black Edition with the Enhanced Black Package.
    I went for Misano Red and the Missus got her's in Glacier White. The enhanced Black Package really sets both cars off beautifully.
    20140515_181835.jpg 20140515_181850.jpg

Once we got the cars home (got them in Grimsby so 300 mile drive home with them) i spent a couple of days on each car to get them looking the way we wanted and its really paid off in the comments and looks we get from people.

Hope you like them as much as we do.
    Cheers
    Bri