1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A muslim woman.......

Discussion in 'Jokes, Games & Humour' started by voorhees, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

To be honest, the joke IS slightly offensive, but not racist IMO. All it refers to is the veil, which if i'm correct in saying is NOT a religous item of clothing, in the way for example a turban IS for Sikhs. Anyway the point the joke makes quite well is that the woman that wear the veil would probably feel a bit uncomfortable themselves talking to someone where the only human feature they can see is the eyes. Personally, i don't think religous clothing should be banned altogether (like in France), however something that completly covers everything but the eyes is a different matter altogether, and should definately be banned in public.
  2. s3shabs

s3shabs Member

Like i said,everybody has theyre own opinions.
    It is actually prescribed for a muslim to wear the veil..and comes in the same category as a turban is for sikhs, or even a nun to cover her head.
  3. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

I think the point is that most people feel far strongly about religion then where they are from. I'm Indian, and whilst i might take slight offence to someone makin fun of that, i would take a LOT more offence to someone making fun of my religion (hindu/sikh). And i think that goes for most people, i think every religous person (christian, jew, muslim etc) is much more sensitive about their religion then where they are from. So yea its DOES make a difference that one is religion and one is a nationality. People are no where near as sensitive about their nationality as they are about their religion.
  4. s3shabs

s3shabs Member

well said.
  5. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

Obviously ur muslim so u'd probably know more about the subject, however as far as i've heard it mentions NO WHERE in the Quaran that a woman has to cover her face. Woman were made to wear them so other men can't look at their face and have any kind of sexual thoughts about that woman? i think. However in the Sikh holy book, is DOES say that Sikh men have to wear a turban.
  6. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

PS don't take any offence if thats wrong, its just what i've been told/heard
  7. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

Athiest and proud :arco:
  8. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

Its Not a Prescribed thing for a muslim woman to wear! She only has to cover her hair not her face. Like a lot of things in Islam its been twisted around by groups/individuals
  9. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

10. s3shabs

s3shabs Member

Its states in the holy Quran that a woman should be covered from head to toe, and garments shouldnt be figure hugging. Obviously, in this day and age, where it is appropriate to.
    Under the cicumstances, It is permissable to cover everything but to reveal the face only.
  11. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

You lot (you know who you are) are pathetic, if you can't laugh at a joke then you really are too self righteous.

Look what this has come down to, if Muslims really want to integrate and create a multi-cultural society then you'll have to accept some of the customs of the country in which you live, one of them is the freedom that hundreds of thousands of men from our families died to protect, and than includes free speech.
    Most christians and catholics are comfortable enough with their religions to accept a bit of banter. as should others be. Stop trying to prove something.
    This is all I have to say on the matter.
  12. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

Yes there are a lot of pathetic people in this world and a lot of them rule countries!! They are the most fecked up people not the joe public walking down the street wearing what they want !!
  13. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

As joke threads go......... this isnt very funny
  14. Aldo

Aldo Active Member

Hit the nail on the head there!
    Totally agree.
  15. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[​IMG]
  16. Onlyme

Onlyme Member

Ollyk i wouldnt remember what my old password was for bainsyboy did i have a avatar if so i wouldnt mind that old user name.

As for this thread i really cannot see what the comotion is all about as far as i can remember there were no racist names used, if there had of been then i could agree with all the comments, but in my eyes i treated the joke in the same way as i would any other joke containing religion, and if we are honest there will always be jokes containing references to peoples religion long after we have departed this world.

If we ( different races etc ) argue all of the time over the slightest little thing then we will never get along with each other, The Scots and the English are always having digs at each other but its only, on the whole light hearted banter, i do not find the Joke that was posted offensive or racist i just find it light hearted banter, like i said above if it was worded differently and used racist names then it turns from light hearted banter to a racist joke and then i could see what the problem was and would agree.
  17. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

I've been asked to lock this thread from the starter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.