A long wait ahead...

Lloyd Xmas

Reaction score
Finally got allocated a build week of 39, should arrive mid October according to the dealer, anyone else around this date, is it likely to come forward at all?

Can't wait but I'm impatient at the best of times, this is painful!

Build slots are bought forward much more often than they are pushed back. I think that'll be the latest you are waiting for it :)

Finally got allocated a build week of 39, should arrive mid October according to the dealer, anyone else around this date!

Week 38 here! I was I was given estimated collection first week in October. The race is on ;)

P.S I'm just as impatient as you lol

haha it certainly is. Bet you're pretty excited about the 1.8, if I didn't do so many miles that's what I'd have gone for too.

You have no idea lol! I haven't even driven the 1.8 yet. Thought about the diesel but we only do 5 or 6k miles a year so wouldn't really have been cost affective, also was warned away from particulate filters with such low miles.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it hee hee ;)

If it helps I ordered in May and had an estimated delivery of November! Just had word from the dealer that it will arrive in stock 17th August. Eek!

If it helps I ordered in May and had an estimated delivery of November! Just had word from the dealer that it will arrive in stock 17th August. Eek!

Woop woop I want one of those phone calls :D But then again it's the 63 plate dilemma? Exciting times ;)

I won't have my deposit together until the end of August anyway, so whenever it arrives I'm waiting for the 63 plate!

Tell me about it! I'm definitely challenging for the title of most impatient purchaser!

Had been waiting for the launch of the S3 since the beginning of the year; it was supposed to be ready for order in April, that got put back to June, and I got my order in about 2 weeks ago.

Looking at build week 41, with a delivery of the first week of November :(

#iwantitnowgoddammit

:D

Ordered mine 17th March for September delivery, car arrived in June. Didn't even get allocated a build week, email from dealer on 30th May to say car had just left the factory.

Mark

Just heard the build week has come forward to 35, woohoo!

Argh looks like you're gonna beat me! Although we are on our hols at the mo and they have work email address. For all I know we could be sitting on week 34? ;)

Woop woop am excited for you :D

Cheers, hopefully you'll have some good news when you return. Kind of regretting not speccing the pano roof with the weather at the mo, although by the time it arrives it'll more than likely be rubbish again!

Same for me - End of May order and late September ETA but just found out it will be 24th of August. Couldn't be happier if I were twins!

1st week October build for me with delivery 1st week November.

Ordered my a3 s-line the 15th of June and I still have no confirmed build date :( By seeing a lot of people who have ordered after me and having their build date already makes me wonder so I rang up my dealer last week and still no build date !

Has anyone ordered around that time had a build date yet ?

Thanks

I ordered mine on the 6th July and no build date yet. I was informed late September/early October. I'll be surprised if I get it that early, I can hope :sm4:

Ordered my a3 s-line the 15th of June and I still have no confirmed build date :( By seeing a lot of people who have ordered after me and having their build date already makes me wonder so I rang up my dealer last week and still no build date !

Has anyone ordered around that time had a build date yet ?

Thanks

Ordered mine on the 1st of June, took them 3 weeks to get me a build date and was finally given week 38.
Hope this gives you a guide :)

Cheers, hopefully you'll have some good news when you return. Kind of regretting not speccing the pano roof with the weather at the mo, although by the time it arrives it'll more than likely be rubbish again!

Thanks Lloyd. I have been thinking that too as my current car has a sun roof, but hey I had to draw the line somewhere!

Don't wanna go home as enjoying my time here in Spain, (its a good way to while away the waiting game, even if I do find myself checking in on here every now and then for my audi fix lol) however it makes getting home more exciting wondering if I will find some good news ;)

Cheers Coxy234 and 97Catalunya. The dealer said to me I wid be looking at a November delivery date but on the paperwork it says September as the est delivery date so I'm not too sure ! Hopefully I get a build date soon ! Will make me even more excited ! :D

thanks for your help bud

I ordered mine on the 6th July and no build date yet. I was informed late September/early October. I'll be surprised if I get it that early, I can hope :sm4:

Had the call from Audi today, build week 33. Should be ready for the 1st September...yipee :kissmyrings:

Hm, maybe I should nag my dealer a bit then... mine is build week 33 but he is saying I won't be able to have it until at least Sept 9th!

Found my build week today.. Week 50 !! You have one that was already on order coxy? Would love to know how mine is 17 weeks after yours but I ordered 2 weeks before :( just my luck !

Had the call from Audi today, build week 33. Should be ready for the 1st September...yipee :kissmyrings:

OMG you ordered 5-6 weeks after me abs its being built 5 weeks before!! Way to go mate woop woop

Hope I have some good news waiting for me when I get home ;)

Found my build week today.. Week 50 !! You have one that was already on order coxy? Would love to know how mine is 17 weeks after yours but I ordered 2 weeks before :( just my luck !

To be fair the sales man did say he had one on order(a demo car) he could amend if I signed the deal today. I thought he was just trying to get the sale. Looks like he might have been telling the truth.

Week 50 is a long time to wait... I feel your pain.....

I know it sure is! I'm hoping it gets bought forward a few weeks !