A little help with " packs" needed

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Over the next few months I will begin the search for a replacement for my A4 B6 avant , I have looked at various different makes but always seem to end up back at a Audi. I have settled on a A4 avant black edition. I'm not over bothered on the 143 or 177 as either seems able to take a remap for some gains, as with fwd or Quattro my wife has a 4x4 so for the two days of snow we get down here in the south I have that covered. I would however like a similar spec to my B6 so I would like to know what packs I should look out for to get what I want in the car. Some of what's on my wish list is standard on the Black Edition but I have listed below the extras I want.

Sat Nav that also plays DVD's.
Door marker and puddle lights.
Ambient lighting.
Folding mirrors.
Reverse camera.

The only mod I had planned on doing was to be the twin exhaust conversion but I fear I'm in for lots more.
My other items are easy enough to see if they are fitted but also any input as to what is an easy retrofit would also be a great help.

I know this will be a long and frustrating search for the perfect car but I have plenty of time to source one.
Any other input from current owners of Black Editions with either diesel variant fitted will also be greatfully recieved.
Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
Believe it or not, if you want a light in your glove box, that's part of the 'lighting pack' that WAS standard on my b7 but no longer standard on the b8. Includes the ambient lighting, puddle lights, footwell lights, heater/vent dials. @t8ups (forum user) is the man to speak to for this job! Will provide and fit all of the above (lighting wise)

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not, if you want a light in your glove box, that's part of the 'lighting pack' that WAS standard on my b7 but no longer standard on the b8. Includes the ambient lighting, puddle lights, footwell lights, heater/vent dials. @t8ups (forum user) is the man to speak to for this job! Will provide and fit all of the above (lighting wise)
Fixed that for you. :)

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
Thanks for your reply, I think it's going to be a case of find a decent car and then start retrofitting again as don't hold out much hope of finding the spec I want. As for T8ups I have used him many times for my B6 needs, top bloke.
I think some more research into what is a viable retrofit option on the B8!is needed.

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010 and jdp1962