A little help with models available

Bong Water

In two minds
Reaction score
Hello people :rolleyes:

So I have a B5 1.8TQS 180BHP and I will be looking to change it for a B6, I basically want the same car but the B6 version. From what I can gather from searching etc, the B6 version is 190BHP and still has a K03S, can anyone confirm this?
There is also a 163 version, is this a K03 turbo? I think the 190 version is much younger, does anyone know the years please? And the differences, if its just a map difference then that opens my options for a cheaper car but if the turbo is different or any other engine parts then I would want to save a bit more for the 190 version depending on the difference in cost.

Interior spec would be good too, my B5 has white dials, single climate, half leather. Anyone confirm the B6 trim?

Would be looking to drive one soon out of curiosity and to make sure its what I want to do

the 1.8t 190 was available from march 2003 on, sport 190 then s-line, the 190 has the ko3s 2 x intercoolers and bigger injectors. the interiors are pretty standard unless the 1st buyer spec,d leather or leather alcantara combo. they are 6 speed instead of 5 on the 163.the turbo on the 163 is a ko3. there was an se 190 version available but i havnt seen many

Is it defo 2003 for the 190 because I read 04, its good news if its 03 though. Shame about the seats I prefer half leather but you cant have it all. What else would the interior have on an early 190 B6? Anyone know the engine code, please be sure to give the 190 K03S code, thanks.

yes mate there are 2003 sport models in normal kit and gmbh (bodykit) spec mine is a november 2003 sport gmbh. the engine code for all 190,s is BEX. the s-line 190 started in 2004

Thanks again, sorry what is gmbh?
Are all 190 models Quattro with Sport suspension or there different varients of 190 models?

there is fwd and quattro they both have sport suspension

Cool, well that was easy enough! Thanks man!
I was behind a red Avant B6 today, 1.8T with a red T so assume 190, they are such good looking cars it made me want one even more :drool::anbet::yum:

Thanks again, sorry what is gmbh?

gmbh in Germany means much the same as what is known as a Ltd compamy in the UK! and not the name of the sports body kit as a lot of people think. Proper name is 'Votex body kit 'Hope this answers the question for you.

The GMBH kit is definately different to the Votex kit, both were available as options from the dealership tho.

i've read on parkers that the s-line 190 was only made from 1st March 04 to 25th October 04, seems a shorts span

gmbh in Germany means much the same as what is known as a Ltd compamy in the UK! and not the name of the sports body kit as a lot of people think. Proper name is 'Votex body kit 'Hope this answers the question for you.

Half right.

Often people get this wrong and it all gets very confusing.

The Votex kit is the Votex kit. It's the Audi accessories genuine after market kit.

The GmbH kit is the what some call the S-Line kit (the S-Line followed a year later). It's the Audi factory body kit and designed by Quattro GmbH, Audi's performance division - hence 'GmbH' for short.

Jase is spot on the 190ps 1.8t.

It came out for '04 model year in FWD, Multitronic and Quattro. There are a few SE models around too. S-Line replaced the GmbH sport in March '04. 18" Five Arm wheels and half leather only in B6 S-Lines.

BUB :beerchug:

i've read on parkers that the s-line 190 was only made from 1st March 04 to 25th October 04, seems a shorts span

That's correct.

It was a run out model for the B6. June '04 on had the S-Line badge on the steering wheel.

BUB

all the votex kits are made by a company called ms-design for audi

Jase does your 190 come with sport seats, where the front bit can be extended out - mine does

Duh me just read your signature!

lol pav yes they did but niknak now has the leather and alcantara trim that came in my car

It came out for '04 model year in FWD, Multitronic and Quattro.

Thanks for the useful post but this bit confuses me, regardless of trim level, you can get a 190BHP 1.8T Quattro with Sport factory suspension from 2003, right!?

Cheers

:uhm: