1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little advice

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tracieburr, May 14, 2007.

1. tracieburr

tracieburr Newbie in Poole

I've been lurking around for months now and did post a while back and had some great imput from you guys :)

My question is would I gain anything much by choosing a 1.8fsi over the 1.6 fsi?

I poodle around Town most of the time and my commute to work is a 7 mile round trip ( yes I should probably walk or Bus, but who wants too :) )
    I do a 60 mile round trip every 2 weeks and a 100 mile round trip every 6 weeks ( visiting rellys)
    So this really will be a girly car although I will defo spec the Sport pack.

Suggestions would be welcome and I do prefer petrol versions.

I'm hoping to put my order in by July as I'm trying not to have a loan or hp and would prefer to pay outright, the budget is 19k after a assumed discount of some sort :icon_thumright:

Thank you :)
  2. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Assuming you're on about a new A3, you do realise that the 1.8 is turbocharged?

The 1.8T has 160PS to the 1.6's 115 and is £2k more expensive. Not really that comparable in my view.

TBH I'd have the 1.8T like a shot. I'd have the TDI140 over the 1.6 - 115PS just isn't enough power for a car that heavy.
  3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Hello and welcome.

1.8T for me.
  4. tracieburr

tracieburr Newbie in Poole

Yes, the A3.. sorry, I didn't make that clear :)
  5. emzino

emzino Active Member

1.8TFSI OR if you can stretch to it, get the 2.0TFSI. There's claims of MPG readings on the DIS which can be as good as the 1.6FSI!

Either way, 1.8TFSI > 1.6FSI