1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little advice/help needed on S3 cluster.

micasb Sep 11, 2011

1. micasb

micasb Member

Hi people,

I need some advice from you.
    I have an 04 A3 TDi and i have a facelift cluster installed and working perfectly.
    my question is if it's possible to put in a S3 cluster.
    From what i've seen it's possible if having a petrol engine.
    I have a friend that put a facelift petrol cluster into a diesel and it all works perfectly.
    So should the S3 cluster also fit the TDI after proper recoding and immo learning at a dealer?
    I'm almost doing a business on one S3 cluster but i would like to ear your opinions first.

thanks in advance.

Cheers.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Unless the petrol cluster has the same rev & speed counters numbering as his tdi version, its not working correctly.

Cant fit an S3 cluster into a tdi, dont waste your time.

3. micasb

micasb Member

I saw it. He has a 2.0TDi same as mine and has a petrol DIS installed. And it all marks correctly veryfied via VCDS measuring blocks.
    Are you sure? Has it ever been tried?

Thanks for your answer nige.

4. NHN

Ok 1st things 1st, what does his petrol cluster go upto on the rev side & whats the max kmh speedo numbers?

Is the petrol numbering same as the tdi as in 6000 revs & iirc 160mph (whatever that is in kmh)?

Mate the S3 clusters rev range is upto what 9000, tdi is 6000 & the speedo is also of, you can test it & see if it will code, but you may have some unexpected readings & it may recognise its not an S3 & thus not code, I strongly dont advise it.

5. micasb

micasb Member

No. Revs are not the same but it seems the cluster gets the signal and marks the correct revs. I think he has a photo. I'll
    try and find it.
    Also he says the speedoo marks more KM/h i think and the speed is displayed correctly..

I'l try and find the photo.

6. micasb

micasb Member

7. NHN

Get him to turn on digital dis speed & then compare when driving if it shows same speed in dis as on speedo needle.

8. micasb

micasb Member

He says it does it all marks correctly.
    This guy is something as you are here :gree: a mod genius :)

9. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

It will be a lazy rev counter now LOL

10. micasb

micasb Member

Yes lol it won't get till the red :)
    I'm still thinking about this... I'm not sure of this mod...