A happy ending

tannerpp

Reaction score
Last wednesday evening I was driving along when the EMS warning light illuminated and 5 seconds later the engine had cut out in the middle of the A45 on the way into Birmingham.

Thankfully I happened to be outside McDonalds and a couple of kind individuals helped push me into the carpark and I was recovered home and then to Halesowen Audi. Interestingly the first recovery had a VAGCOM and there were no error messages showing.

The car was already booked in for a Service on the Friday and today they called to say that the problem was a failed injector - that they would replace it free of charge and as a precaution they would replace the other three as it was a "known issue" and if one had failed then the others might also fail.

I can't thank the staff at Halesowen Audi enough for their Customer Service - big thumbs up and it has also expained why the car had sometimes felt a bit jerky while accelertaing hard. If anyone else has an '07 Sportback 170 DSG that has a similar sympton get it checked out before you stop in the middle of the road!

Thanks - I am glad that the car was sorted BEFORE I read this thread!

It isn't a very nice experience to lose all power almost instantaneously - but better than some of the issues others have had to deal with.

Looking forward to swapping to an A5 Sportback in the near future!