A guy from the states...on bags... don't hate me too much.

guiltyblade

Reaction score
I'm new. I see this place is clearly for people on the other side of the water, but I figure why not see whats happening over here since literally nobody owns an a3 in the states. We've got a pretty small community there, so its pretty tight knit. Well not nobody, but its very rare to see an a3 yet alone one modded.

Just some of the basics, did headlights, euro tails, molded my votex kit to my front bumper, (currently getting rear done), VMR vb3 wheels (Soon to be bbs rs2), on airlift xl bags, hardlined my rear tank. stg 2 o.ct (soon to be apr), milltek exhaust (custom), lots of other small stuff, but thats the major things.

I know most guys in europe don't like bags, but with the terrible roads in the states its hard to be low without ruining your car. This was a happy compromise.
4924817639_fa97d1e583_b.jpg

4835490162_756be04638_b.jpg

4836185448_9b08046534_b.jpg

You can check out a little write up on stance nation.

The Audi Temptation | Stance:Nation - Form > Function

seen your car on fourtitude. liked the front end votex mod...

welcome anyways! i'm fairly new here myself. just to give you a bit of a low down:

NHN is the retrofit master
P5SND is doing a '09 front end conversion on a prefacelift S3
N8 is the wheel guy

there are others, but these are the legends that stick out in my mind!

oh N8 has air ride on a 5 door as well so i'm sure you 2 will get on just fine!

At least I have a partner in crime for airride. That way everyone doesn't gang up on me!

Doing a facelift conversion on a pre-face lift? Thats reallllly interesting to me...., I'll have to look into that one.

About the only retrofitting is eventually put a double din cage in it to get a better stereo system, and maybe ditching the headlights for oem bixenon.

Liking the car! 1st pic is stunning! Lovely looking car, more agressive!!! Ive just done a single grill conversion on mine and loving it! Welcome on here by the way!

Looks mental!! - other than the roof rack and whatever the thingy at the front of the roof rack is!!

That is some stance and photography :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum. Great looking car, love how low and agressive she looks :)
My favourite photos the first one looks amazing.

Welcome,

Airbags seems the way to go (im sure someone will disagree :noway:) you have the best o both worlds though so respect!!

Schweeet!! Cars stunning. If I happen to find a few grand in the street
I'll certainly be going down the Air bag route.
As Mike said. Best of both worlds.
Liking the roof rack too. Keeping it VAG!!

I left my passport at home... hopefully I can still play. Maybe on goodwill?

Yeah I use my bike rack a fair amount. I bmx, roadbike, and cyclcocross race, as well as do some fixed gear riding in the city. Its definately nice to have, although I do like my car without it at times.

4930454078_4179f82873_b.jpg

4930453886_b6c5261106_b.jpg

halfway through my hardline setup.
4929864017_9a5f22441f_b.jpg

4836175030_f48300c6ae_b.jpg

Last edited:
You are more than welcome on here lol! Must admit I love the first pic WITH the rack! But good without it too!

tasty, not to keen on the aftermarket lights though, hence my conversion its now prepped and ready for paint for those who are interested so im getting on the final stretch like the wheels though and actuall i like the stance when its not decked, im not the biggest fan of wheel tucking, but the most important thing is that you like your car, anyone else is a bonus ;)

Welcome to the forum! Exquisite motor!

car looks sweet mate, apart from the roof rack - but needs must i guess!

nice to know england aint the only country with f*cked up roads...

looks good mate, not sure about the lights but love the stance... and wheels!

tasty, not to keen on the aftermarket lights though, hence my conversion its now prepped and ready for paint for those who are interested so im getting on the final stretch like the wheels though and actuall i like the stance when its not decked, im not the biggest fan of wheel tucking, but the most important thing is that you like your car, anyone else is a bonus ;)

Yeah I am very interested in that conversion. I would prefer to find oem bixenon with led drl.

My prevously headlight broke so I went with a cheap alternative until I could muster up money to put into bixenon. Obviously due to the facelift it was obvious new 09+ headlights would not fit my existing bumper and hood....

its a loy of work, but i mustsay, yours is the first car ive ever thought the votex rearsuited and love the blend lines on the front too

Hey yall. Got some new wheels. Well new to me :p At first I wasn't sure about the color, I'm sure many will dislike. But I am probably going to think of something new during the winter to refinish. Probably polish the lips and paint the centers....something. Anyways I also got my rear bumper molder similar to what the front looked like. Its just kinda disappears, and got the inners painted satin black, although its not perfect yet since the tape was really hard to get in such a sharp line, but my painting buddy is fixing it up for me later. I also got pics of the material used for the mold if anyone is intersted.

Next to come later, shaved the side markers, and bumper makers and such, and just fix the dings here and there, respray hood. I traded my old wheels to my bodyguy/painter guy for the rest of the work haha.

4940204335_fd94c4b1f7_b.jpg

4940816492_5b51aa182f_b.jpg

4940816380_96dfb238b5_b.jpg

4940805122_24bb6fa4ed_z.jpg

Hey yall. Got some new wheels. Well new to me :p At first I wasn't sure about the color, I'm sure many will dislike. But I am probably going to think of something new during the winter to refinish. Probably polish the lips and paint the centers....something. Anyways I also got my rear bumper molder similar to what the front looked like. Its just kinda disappears, and got the inners painted satin black, although its not perfect yet since the tape was really hard to get in such a sharp line, but my painting buddy is fixing it up for me later. I also got pics of the material used for the mold if anyone is intersted.

Next to come later, shaved the side markers, and bumper makers and such, and just fix the dings here and there, respray hood. I traded my old wheels to my bodyguy/painter guy for the rest of the work haha.

4940204335_fd94c4b1f7_b.jpg

4940816492_5b51aa182f_b.jpg

4940816380_96dfb238b5_b.jpg

4940805122_24bb6fa4ed_z.jpg

Car looks siiiiiiick GB! Love the wheels but must admit purple Helios are my absolute favorite!

Like the photos you posted up from the shows mate. Looks mean with the lights on.
I do like the style of the alloys but not too sure on the colour. But if you like them thats all that matter :happy:

I like the style of the wheels as well, I am also not sure on the color, these pictures are bad, so it doesn't really do it justice. However I am likely going to change over winter. But the mold job overall I am in complete love with.

really like the Us front bumper with the side lights in the bump strips is that us or is it custom?... love it ...

Last edited: