1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Glaze - Anyone had it done.

Psyman79 Dec 11, 2013

1. Psyman79

Psyman79 Sarcasm is hard on a forum ;) Team Vegas Yellow Audi S3

I was looking at getting my car done properly to protect the paintwork for the next 3 years. I know absolutely nothing about detailing so was looking to get a local company to do it. I went to The Washbay in Cove, Aberdeen today and he suggested getting my car done with A Glaze (product name). I was just wondering if anyone had ever had their car done with this product and if they thought it was worth paying £250 to get it done. I never got my car Supaguarded when i bought it which is why i'm looking. Thanks in advance for any words of advice. Simon :)

2. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Really depends on ur plans for the car m8.
    A glaze, l shine, supaguard to me are for folk that don't want any hassle, have the time and just want to give it a quick clean to bring it up looking nice. ( Correct me if I'm wrong)
    Personally I enjoy amateur detailing the car and the results are enough to keep me trying.
    Good decomtamination, prepping and 2 coats of wax ( sealant if u want to go down that route) protect the car enough for me.
    Plus something as simple as after every wash wipe on and off quick detailer to add a bit more protection works well.
    Plenty of polished bliss guides in stickies to give u all the info u need :)

3. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

I couldn't find much on A Glaze. A few mentions but not a lot and nothing better than a luke warm review.I doubt anything will last 3 years even if they claim it will. Supaguard most certainly won't, it was all gone from my neighbour's brand new car in 6 months. Something like CQuartz Finest will last well. I'd try and find a local detailer and have a chat with them. Get them to give you a head start and then just keep on top of it. Polished Bliss are local to you but their reputation means they are expensive. I did find this: Need a detailer in Aberdeen - Detailing World

Psyman79 likes this.
  4. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team V8 Audi RS4 Audi Avant Owner Group s tronic

If you dont mind travelling have a wee trip over to Al @ AMDetails in Elgin. Great service and has his own brand but as also an approved Gtechniq user.

Psyman79 likes this.
  5. manor13

manor13 Active Member

not heard of it either things like supagaurd are ok if you pay a decent price £40-50 if applied by a dealer and is actually done correctly that's me being generous to the dealer as they will have paid 1/4 off that to buy the stuff. slightly more for AG lifeshine as again if applied correctly will last you through winter and is easily topped up for £250 your in detailing territory and depends who you go to winters a bad time so you want to be inside for fancy sealants to bond.