A few questions re A3 S-Line Quattro

DixonH

Reaction score
Hi All

I just bought an 07 A3 2.0 tdi 170 Quattro and have a few questions for you all.

It has an ipod dock in the glove compartment and after checking it fits my gen 1 ipod nano ok and it does have what look to be adapters for other ipods.

So my questions are
1 - Can i buy other adapters that fit a gen 3 ipod touch or an iphone 4, i expect the adapters i have are from 2007 and these models were not out then.
2 - When i plug the gen 1 ipod nano it shows as CD but no info on track etc shows so i'm not exactly sure whats playing or how to select tracks as it seems to play what ever was actually playing when it was plugged in. Is there anyway of making it more user friendly or how do i use it properly.
3 - i want a holder for my phone its an iphone 4s but don't want to drill the dash or stick something to the screen, has anyone used or is using an alternative to those already mentioned.

Thanks
Dixon

The system does not show track names. You have to set up 6 playlists which you control like CDs.
You can use it for an iPhone 4 but you need an adaptor for it to charge...

Have a look at dension gateway 100

Shows track info in the DIS (between the speedo and rev counter), not on the head unit.

Thanks for the info everyone that's plenty for me to be getting on with.
Dixon

pic of my Brodit iPhone 4 holder in my A3

36f96123.jpg

I bought the adaptors as I had the same issue. Trouble is they will not accept your ipod or iphone, only earlier models ie nano etc. i bought a lead to extend out the glove box connection and added a Scocshe adaptor o that it charges the ipod or iphone. Also enables easier mounting and is discretely hidden in glovebox. Interface using stereo is absolutely crap so the Dension option can improve that....

Hope this helps.....

S

Well so far i'm sorted, i created 6 playlists on my old nano and although there's no track names it works spot on. I don't think i'll bother with anything else to be honest as it's working fine and i've a few plans for the car so i'll spend the money i have elsewhere.
So remap and 4 wheel alignment check here i come, thanks for the info.
Dixon