1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few questions on an "X"Reg 2.5Tdi Quattro (150bhp)

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Mackers, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Mackers

Mackers Member

[Jan 15, 2013]
    i thought i'd ask here as the diesel forum doesn't get the "traffic" as much as here,
    as stated i have a A4 2.5Tdi quattro (150), i'm after closing off or blanking the EGR valve/system.
    has anyone done this and if so what parts (blanks) do i need and what's the coding for the VCDS,
    i have a mate that will do it, but he doesnt know the coding.
    also will a PRE facelift 2.5tdi quattro back box fit a FACELIFT model.
    many thanks
    wayne
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[Jan 15, 2013]
    Mackers,

I got a couple of blanks off e-bay fairly cheap. I had a post here Engine Adaptions Login about it, but basically it says

'To log into a 2000 A4 2.5 TDi AFB engine for EGR adjustment, the code is 26242. I changed the value in block 3 from 32768 to 33668 (the suggested 33768 was too high a value)
    If the wrong code is entered, communication is lost with 'too many errors to continue' after a while. Switch off ignition, then try again with the correct code.'
  4. Mackers

Mackers Member

[Jan 15, 2013]
    ideal thanks, i'll show me mate with his comp this post, :)
  5. Mackers

Mackers Member

[Jan 19, 2013]
    i ordered and got an agr blank today, do i only need the 1 and also which side does the gasket go?? or do i need 2 blanks and 2 gaskets on each??
    pics of them fitted to an "X"Reg 2.05tdi would be ideal, thanks,
  6. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[Jan 19, 2013]
    I just fitted one, at the 'exhaust' end. I can't remember about gaskets, but I think I used exhaust paste to seal it.
  7. Mackers

Mackers Member

[Jan 19, 2013]
    i was thinking of using some "firegum" but i thought if i used the gasket on 1 side, then the other side may "leak"
  8. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[Jan 19, 2013]
    I put the gun gum on both sides - if you do it at the exhaust end, it gets hot enough to harden. I've had no trouble with either of mine.

I did the manifold clean on hers as well - I put a thread up 2.5Tdi inlet gasket numbers with the gaskets if you decide to do it.

Incidentally, if you are going for a max setting on the adaption settings, if you put in a silly high number, the ECU will only go to the max (or min if you go the other way)
  9. Mackers

Mackers Member

[Jan 19, 2013]
    Where can I... well my mate edit those settings. .. hes in warrington so I see him every couple of months or so... he's got a full vagcom. But doesnt know how to use it fully. Could I trouble you for a step by step ideally with pics. If you wanna txt me all that, message me and I'll forward my number.
  10. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

[Jan 20, 2013]
    No problem, but if you go here TDI VCDS Info RossTech have a good write-up.

You just use the code 26242 to log in as I did.

Go to engine, login.
    It will ask for a code.
    Enter 26242.
    Go to Adaptions, scroll to block 3.
    Add the value 33668 in the box on the left and click test (I think, it's been a while.....)
    The value should change.

If the code is wrong, you get a failed communication error. Restart VCDS and try again.

It would be worth Googling for codes, as I think there may be more than one for the 2.5TDi - although both my cars were 26242 and are the same age as yours.

Take note before you change anything - that way it can go back!

There are other adjustments in there- some are not to be played with (e.g. speed limiter)