A few issues

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been trying to wire my sub and amp up today in my 07 A4 with RNSE, first of all, I need to know which is the remote cable that goes into the back of the headunit, it says "Radio on" on the diagram so i tried that and it came on with ignition but did not go off again.

secondly I am using one of them little devices that taps into the rear speakers to give an RCA output for the sub but am not sure which cables are for the speakers as im putting it in near the amp.

Lastly I have had my headunitout and attaced thepower cable to the battery and put everything back but now my remote key will not work to lock/unlock the car and my airbag warning lights on?

If anyone can help me with any of this that would be awesome as im really stuck. mostly with the key and warning light.

thanks.

The airbags are now disabled as you must have switched the ignition on when you had the glovebox removed. If the system detects a fault like the passenger airbag keyswitch inside the glovebox has been disconnected and you switch the ignition on then the system logs the fault and disables all the airbags. The fault can only be cleared with VAGCOM/VCDS.
You don't need to use a HiLo converter (terrible things) as you can simply tap into the rear pre-outs at the Bose amp (if you have Bose) already in the boot, along with the remote on trigger. Instructions are in this PDF:
http://freepdfhosting.com/6b28e2fdcb.pdf
This is for the A3 8P but same logic applies. Pin outs for the Bose amp on the B7 are here:
B6-B7bose_amp_pinout_25pin-1.jpg picture by dizzythedog - Photobucket

Last edited:
Niceine mate that guide is brilliant I'll be trying that tomorrow. Do you think if I take car to Audi and play dumb they might switch airbag light off for me? It's in warranty. Also what's up with my key not locking/unlocking the car now? Weird!

ll hav to wait and see what they say? how else would I get VAGCOM work?

Also my 1 touch on windows topped working but now hasjust started to wrk again and so has the key so whilst ever i have a self healing car im happy ha ha!

Sounds like the battery could have been fairly drained from running your sounds with the engine off. The windows always do that when the battery has been disconnected, you just need to teach them what fully up & down is and then the one touch works again.
this is the pinout for the Avant rear amp which may give you some guidance:
B6rear-subpinout.jpg

Thanks guys but I can not find a remote whatsoever, we tested every single pin on the headunit and amp with a volt meter but non of the wires go off with the headunit. I'm fed up and have decided I don't have the balls to start cutting and splicing random wires when iv already got my airbags disconnected.

Gonna get a pro to do it unless any of you helpful guys live in 100 mile radius of Leeds and could hook up remote and RCAs for me? Everything else is done.

Look on this diagram. Amp turn on is pin 13 on Connector D, so bottom right pin on bottom right connector. You may find this feed stays on for about a minute after you turn the HU off, which is why you maybe couldn't find it with a mutimeter.
http://freepdfhosting.com/5b37d28863.pdf

Awesome, I think I should definately be able to do it at that, looking at a deltabox aswell so gonna wait for that and do it all together.

Thanks Andy you've been a right help!!

Ok all sorted finally, we got the remote cable right a week ago but it doesn't power off untill key is out and all doors shut. Ended up cutting the line splitter into the rear sub cable for our RCA OUTPUT. sounds ok but I'm hoping for a delta box within the next month so will rewire everything then get my Vibe black air front components!

Anyone got or had these can tell me if there any good!!

Big thank you to Andy for all his advise!!!