A few 2.0Tfsi questions

Marshall219

Reaction score
hi guys a few questions here.
1. What do you think of this down pipe? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/201248966266

Looking for a better sound rather than performance mod.

2. I've seen a few posts about catch cans and like the idea of them is it really a need and woth the cost? The only performance mods Imy doing are down pipe air intake and a map. My cars a 2007 2.0tfsi Quattro sport back
Thanks in advance.

you can get the ebay downpipes for about 140ish but you need to get extra supports welded onto those two mounting prongs as they break off sometimes tearing the pipe as happened with mine but has been fine since welding up with extra support

Cheers guys id ideally want to go with sports cat rather than de cat unless someone can persuade me! Will be taking it to a garage for fitting anyway.

unless you have a mate then yes, you can get cats off ebay for 70-100 pounds-obviously you can spend more but that's what I looked at as something to consider

Cheers, what will give me the best sound really don't want the cherry bomb fiesta! As I have mate who will do the mot just looking for the nicest quality sound if you know what I mean?

Reactions: grainqey
Cheers! So I've got this wrong if I'm looking for sound over performance i should change the cat back?

change both tbh :D the decat will make it a more meaty sound then you will get more top end gains from the catback - its easier to think of it like that but they both increase the airflow from the turbo so it will breath better so spool up quicker because there's less back pressure

If you want it to be more discreet then go for a resonated catback, if you get too addicted then go for a non resonated haha!

Regarding the catch can, IIRC what Nikki at RTECH performance advised, you would benefit more from purchasing Audi's latest revision PCV Valve. Other things worth checking for peace of mind on the 2.0 tfsi are the cam follower & your oil pick up pipe.