1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A dumb brake question.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by robthehungrymonkey, May 27, 2004.

1. robthehungrymonkey

robthehungrymonkey Member

This will probably sound like a very dumb question to most of you, but...
    I would like to paint my brake callipers (silver or black, opinions please!). How do the callipers actually come off!!! Is it an easy job to do? and what should i be especially careful of?

I have a black S3, which colour would suit? Looking for an understated (but still visible!) look.

Does anyone have any pics of their cars when it's been done?
  2. DAF

DAF Member

Nice car mate and nice pad. I was thinking of the same thing. If i had a black car i would paint the calliper red.Not sure myself of type of paint to use either.I'll watch this space.
  3. excursion

excursion Member

Use Hammerite. It's cheap and durable.
  4. leespears1

leespears1 Member

5. dafunkymonkey

dafunkymonkey Member

Hi,

Nice car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's quite easy to do. It comes in a kit - you get a can of caliper cleaner to get all the dust and grease off, then once dried you can use the paint. You have to remove each wheel otherwise you risk getting some of the caliper cleaner on the wheels and you don't want to do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I did a search online and found this website (ESP) but there are a load of other places that stock it including Halfords. I would probably go for red.

Hope that helps,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Chris