1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A detailing challenge

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by ScottD3, Apr 17, 2011.

?

Can your camera detect your face in the reflection of your body work

1. Yes of course, they dont call me mirror finish bob for nothing.

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, don't be so stupid

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Whats face detection mode?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics
    Supporter

I was polishing my car this morning and looking at the shine (and stone chips and scratches :() thinking to my self, would the face detection mode on my phone would work off my paint.
    It did not.

Its shiny but not shiny enough, I then started to wonder if any of the profesional and people with really good paint work was able to do it.

I guess the challenge is this, can your camera with face detection detect your face in the reflection of the paint work and take an image?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

well in my paint i can see my face but as for camera with face detection........................... what the hell is that lol not clued up on cameras dude, i know i can read texts off my phone in my paint or read a book so thats shiny enough

4. S3 Nattie

S3 Nattie Quattro ist für sissies

I have nosey neighbours and I often watch them in the reflection to see if there watching lol sad.

5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)
    Team Silver Audi S3 Audi Sport Owner Group

An interesting thread, not had a chance to test this, but when I next wash it, ill give it a go.

6. Smoothie

Smoothie Active Member

lol scientific test if there ever was one

7. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics
    Supporter

Face detection is a mode you set on your camera or phone (if they have this option) and it will detect a face, focus on it and then take the image.

I guess its the ultimate test in paint shinyness. :)

8. Mr.G

Mr.G Well-Known Member
    Team Sepang Audi S3

Would be rather difficult unless you had a second person as you'd be looking through a viewfinder I would imagine therefore your face would/could be hidden!

Second person would be possible or unless your camera had a screen rather than viewfinder, mines an EOS 400D with no option to use the screen as a viewfinder, so no chance there. Maybe the iPhone 4 does it??

G