A couple of under bonnet little questions... please advise

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Ive had almost 3 days of trouble free motoring so feel its time to start messing again...
First of all... the vacume hoses, what size should i order? 3mm? 4? 5?
Im just looking to replace the usual problem ones and maybe the ones you see ( covers do come off from time to time )
No i expect ALL the little ****** fail at some point but i want to keep it looking something like they are ment to be there.
Should i get maybe 2m or each or is that a waste??

Now onto the second "issue"
The injectors... firstly i would love to clean them but dont quite have £40 to spend on buying my own cleaner. So that may have to wait,
Around this area on the inlet there is slight dark ( possibly where a wee bit of petrol is leaking out ) looks more oily to be honest as it doesnt dry completely . I assume this means my seals are tired... Im hoping its just the O rings ? do the blue plastic inserts leak? Are they replacable?
Now i bought 4 new O rings from TPS to do the job the other week. However when trying to fit these i found out that 2 were fatter rubber and a tighter fit around the injector and the other 2 felt loose and was made from thinner rubber. TPS gave the explanation that 4 go to the top of the injector and 4 to the bottom. but the part number is the same?? I was givven another 4 of the chunky ones ( tighter fit on injector) are these the correct ones for the bottom of the injector??

Are they the chunky one? once on the injecter the skinny ones could easily be spun around where as the others held themselves in position.
Is the cleaning of the injecter that good?

can't help on queries other than i used 4mm for vac pipes, but pink s3? is it the same colour as mine?

For the vac hoses use 3mm for fpr and n249 bypass. 8mm will do a lot of the other stuff like under the inlet mani, expansion tank etc.

I changed my bottom seals also recently as ive the same dark ring around my injectors. The seals that audi gave me were the skinny type, easy to put on and not tight. The dark rings reappeared so either I need to do the top ones also or there the wrong ones. They looked the same as the ones I took off though.

As for cleaning its ment to make a decent difference to the injectors but the cleaner is ****** expensive (80 euro in rip off ireland) so I just used redex cleaner instead.