1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of questions

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Rich, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Rich

Rich Rollin on boost mother hubbards

[Jan 11, 2007]
    Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a 2001 B5 1.8T - collecting it on wednesday. Only 37000 on the clock and in perfect condition. My mechanical knowledge is almost zero so I was basically just asking for any general advice and tips on maintenance. Is there any thing I need to check or maintain on this car? Just anything worth being aware of really I guess having never owned an Audi before.

I think its only had one service previous so I'll give it another one and get the cambelt replaced around 50k is usual?

I know these cars are mod/tuner friendly which is cool and in a few months I'll probably look into this side of things a bit.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

[Jan 11, 2007]
    Just make sure if you have been on running the car for a bit dont just stop and turn off the engine. Leave the car to idle for a few minutes to allow the turbo to cool down.

Other than that just general advise regular oil changes and services and you should have many happy years of motoring.