A Challange

Tempman

Reaction score
I notice from reading old postings that the concensus of opinion regarding retrofitting Audi Sat Navs is that it cant be done.

Merceds say the same about their comand system. They said it cant be done ( & every MB dealer still says they cant do it) , but if you look at www.mbclub.co.uk electronics section - there are loads of diyers getting the job done and in an OEM way.

The biggest obsticle seems to be getting the right part numbers for the wiring looms and dash trim necessary to make it happen.

Is anyone here up for a challange to see if a Navigation plus from an A3/A4/A6 can be retrofitted. It will mean a bit of research I guess and comparing a car with the nav against one without to see whats needed. Maybe there are some Audi dealer workshop techies on here who could help?

Used units are available on German Ebay for around half the price you'd pay a dealer.

I am sure there must be a demand,

what do you think????

Hi the 911sc

Thats a goood start, thanks.

SO, would you be able to find out what parts are involved in fitting an A4 Navigation Plus into the new model A4.

I reckon to start, we'd need
1) centre console trim ?
2) some sort of wiring loom adapter

Do you need a chassis number to find parts or will model & year be enough?

cheers

That site is really useful,

many thanks

I've taken the plunge & bought a naviplus from ebay - it is for an A4 but has an A3 part number - the facia has apparantly been changed to fit an A4 - how or why I dont know! I'll keep you posted when it arrives