1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A case of you get what you pay for.

jojo Jan 4, 2013

1. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

In this case, a '53' plate Noggy Blue S3 for £2.5k, bargain or what?!

Turns up outside my house with what sounds like bottom end rattle - Ouch, and on closer inspection, it's not got it's original engine!

Still, I thought I'd give it a scan, and it had quite a few DTCs aswell.

Nasty!

2. cecilthesausage

cecilthesausage ...It's Never Finished...

If it needs a new engine..... I have one.....Middle of next month....

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I think it needs more than a new engine mate, a rewire of a few things on top methinks, but I will keep you in mind.

4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Hmmmmmm, thing is S3s are actually going for silly money now as well aint they, guess its a case of win some loose some.

5. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

Didn't get it off eBay from down this way did you? Chavy wheels and stickers on it?

If so, I was offered it too. :(

6. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team V8 Audi R8 s tronic

I'd be questioning why it's had a engine swap mate and the new engine is not well too! Must of had a mega hard neglected life........
    Keep us up to date mate, good luck!

Sean

7. S3Zek

S3Zek Member

Hay Jo I will also have my bam block and head if you are in need in a few weeks, I've finaly started to build my large port lump yeay..

8. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Active Member

Another S3 jojo?

9. damo.h

damo.h DVLA Say it's Black

JoJo Branson expanding the fleet again ;)

10. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Jo, if you need a hand with the leccy's just give me a shout, you know it's what I do :lmfao: :D

11. jojo

Lol, you guys, not my car man, I was just helping a guy out. After dropping the bad news, I just left him to it, what else could I do? Not my problem really. It was a Noggy Blue one on a 53 plate, with Silver leather option like mine, and pretty standard looking, no stickers, just standard 17" rims.

I may need to source an engine for him if he decides he wants to fix it, but it drives, albeit, a bit smokey with a noisey bottom end. I'll stop short of not posting the full reg to embarrass the guy, he look gutted! :(

12. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team V8 Audi R8 s tronic

Lol! Drop the bad news then eski....... Yeah it's knackered mate, Gunna cost you thousands, cheers , bye! I love it . Bet his face was priceless

13. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

Jo you sold him a dodgey s3 like you did to me you dodgey cracker! ;)

14. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

No doubt a result of the dreaded blocked pick up pipe. Kills so many 1.8Ts

15. Den13

Den13 Member

Guys got rights tho to take it back for a full refund surly private sale or not

16. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member

Dont think you have many/any rights if you buy privately.
    Might be good to post the Reg no on here in case it goes up for sale soon again.

17. Den13

Den13 Member

Am sure you got the right unless sold with recept implying there I'd no warranty with the vehicle

18. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

You have zero right to return or get a refund when buying privately. Even if the car falls in half down the road. Obviously if it's stolen that's another matter.

And a 53 S3 for 2.5k, put a replacement engine in and you've got an S3 for 3.5k. Not the end of the world at all.

19. Den13

Den13 Member

You've got rights if the seller has misled you in this case it appears that he has

20. Den13

Den13 Member