1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Boy's Toy to big to fit under the Tree

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by GSCollie, Jan 5, 2005.

1. GSCollie

GSCollie Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    Sorry, but I had to share my joy at being an S4 owner for the last four weeks so have included some pics to convince all those withou S4's to buy one and sod the cost because finance is a fantastic concept!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    Very cool car mate.
    I'll have to wait a good few years for a S4 myself , but cant complain too much becuase i got a lovely S3 for chrimbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  4. GSCollie

GSCollie Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    Cheers mate, nothing wrong with an S3, just traded up from one; fantastic car but was needing four doors from now on. But surprisingly enough for me it doesn't cost too much more to finance an S4 over an S3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Have attached another pic, I'm starting to show my IT illiteracy
  5. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Jan 5, 2005]
    I prefer the Avant.
  6. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    @Neversaydie: i guess santa wasn't so good to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif "Bah Humbug!"

But if you dont tell bbq52 - i agree - i prefer the superhearse too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But wouldn't kick the saloon out of my drive for a little emission problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  7. The Slug

The Slug Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 5, 2005]
    Nice ride buddy!
  8. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[Jan 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ian Logendra said:
    @Neversaydie: i guess santa wasn't so good to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif "Bah Humbug!"

But if you dont tell bbq52 - i agree - i prefer the superhearse too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But wouldn't kick the saloon out of my drive for a little emission problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Soz but the Avant is a COOL car for those in the know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    BUT I wouldn't climb over a S4 saloon to get to my S-Line!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    NICE MOTOR!
  9. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    Black looks really cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I just couldn't face the never ending cleaning!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyway who wants a big bus when you can have a saloon with it's lighter, quicker, more rigid chassis and it's better HiFi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  10. dazzatdisport

dazzatdisport Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    Very nice, I wish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  11. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Jan 6, 2005]
    Yes sorry it is a nice car but my heart belongs to the avant - im only 24 going on 25 - I guess its just taste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  12. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jan 6, 2005]
    Nice car mate looks good in black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
  13. GSCollie

GSCollie Member

[Jan 7, 2005]
    Yak,

Better to get one now and help us deplete the worlds fuel reserves whilst we have them, in the meantime I'll keep taking my empties to the bottle bank and recycling to make minor compensation.

I'm beginning to see what you mean ScoTTy; the car is filthy already and only three days after cleaning, but a pressure washer gets rid of suface dirt in a couple of minutes and have diamond brite on the body work so actual washing kept to a minimum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As for which variant and the battle that seems to have roused, I'll put my two penneth in. Daz, nice motor!! Did originally have my deposit down on a cab but defeated main purpose of trading my S3, the need for four doors and roomier rear bench. Also utlimately the cab and Avant are slower, although not by much, and handling on both compromised, cab by structural reinforcing rigitity so a bit skittish more than saloon, and avant by dynamics. Buts lets face it, they are all a class apart from BMW's, Mercedes, Volvo's or Subaru's best performance efforts by a country mile as a combined package of quality and performance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  14. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Jan 7, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Avus Bub said:OOOOOOOOOOOW!! That's a bit harsh scoTTy...

But at least 26.4 times better looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif Slack, loose ,flimsy body shell and poo wireless and all!

[/ QUOTE ]
    hehehe just jesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

p.s. I think you got youre maths wrong! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  15. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Jan 8, 2005]
    Lovely choice of car BBG52.

It's amazing how you can tell you are england by the rubbish in the background of the shots!