A big thankyou to the forums

Bigandbald

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've not had a sporty car for years due to having boring diesel company cars. but just recently bought myself an `02 S3 in Silver.
Despite its problems I really love driving it.

Since i have had it, I have done a full service (VAG parts), coolant change, front bushes, cv boots, LED sidelights, installed a parrot handsfree kit, and just need to do brakes all round next week.

I have done everything myself with the help of the forum....its like an S3 bible..Love it.

A big thanks to the knowledgeable peeps on here and long may it continue!!

Just needs lowering now, hopefully it doesn't upset the handling as that's the best bit about the car

$T2eC16h,!yME9s5qJFwRBR)tKSQdsg~~60_12.JPG

I would be looking at fitting Bilstien B8 dampers and 25mm or 30mm lowering springs then... this will keep the OE ride of the car but lower and improve the handling no end...

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tufty, cost is an issue but will save up and do it properly i think as dont want it to drive like a corsa.

will do the LCR splitter install next week then look at suitable maps for it.

Welcome and well done on the diy!! Great choice in colour mate i have black myself. I definately have love and hate days with black. Silver always looks good. Plenty of info on here. Check the stickys out if havent already. If you like a good handling car then fit some coilovers, adjustable rear tie arms, r32 rear anti roll bar and you wont thi k yours handled so great to start with lol. Defo read up though as bad suspension can ruin the drive. Daz

Good Shout, thanks Daz.

I don't know how they are supposed to handle, but in the wet it is so much fun...the front just digs in and you can control the what the rear does on the throttle. very well balanced!! just could do with a bit more power and i cant get over how quiet it is.

Its surprising how much satisfaction I get out of doing the DIY stuff and saving ££££ i took the car back to Audi for the coil pack recall last week and they pulled the car to pieces in their (health check) most of which was incorrect anyway!!!

Hi, very nice car. Im glad you have found the forum very useful. A lot of knowledge and very friendly people in here. I hope you continue to enjoy both the car and forum, good luck with all future changes. :) x

Reactions: Neilybabs
Good Shout, thanks Daz.

I don't know how they are supposed to handle, but in the wet it is so much fun...the front just digs in and you can control the what the rear does on the throttle. very well balanced!! just could do with a bit more power and i cant get over how quiet it is.

Its surprising how much satisfaction I get out of doing the DIY stuff and saving ££££ i took the car back to Audi for the coil pack recall last week and they pulled the car to pieces in their (health check) most of which was incorrect anyway!!!

Cardiff Gate Audi tried quoting me £130 for a health check! I think I'll be making a trip to Badger 5 soon as I think theirs is about £60 and a lot more trustworthy.

Hi Guys,

I've not had a sporty car for years due to having boring diesel company cars. but just recently bought myself an `02 S3 in Silver.
Despite its problems I really love driving it.

Since i have had it, I have done a full service (VAG parts), coolant change, front bushes, cv boots, LED sidelights, installed a parrot handsfree kit, and just need to do brakes all round next week.

I have done everything myself with the help of the forum....its like an S3 bible..Love it.

A big thanks to the knowledgeable peeps on here and long may it continue!!

Just needs lowering now, hopefully it doesn't upset the handling as that's the best bit about the car

$T2eC16h,!yME9s5qJFwRBR)tKSQdsg~~60_12.JPG

If you do lower it, I suggest spacers for it as well. Those wheels will fill the arches so much better and make it look meaner in the process. All good stuff :)

vivalacoulter, they did the check on it as it was on the ramps and they said the following;
No oil in it, urgently top up.......service was done the day before and was 3/4 full
front wipers needed changing......brand new 3 day old bosch aero wipers installed
none of the washers worked...... they all work including the headlamp washers???
rear spring cracked....fairplay this is on my list to do
clutch pedal seemed stiff.... it does but i dont know any different so see what happens.

so they said they wanted the car back to do all the work.......i think not!!!!

neilybabs. i was going to go 20mm at the rear and 8-10 on the front as it does bother me that they sit it too much, seen a few on here and it beefs it up alot, not sure if it will feel any different but will look tough!!!!

That sounds like a good ratio. It won't transform it into a F1 car but, like you say, it'll look the nuts!

Decent spacers aren't cheap though! It all adds up...

Spacers 10mm front, 15mm rear on OE RSTT ET33 18x8 wheels, 30mm lowered..

224372_161525230651321_1771508880_n.jpg

CRW_4589.jpg

20100806_IMG_6884.jpg

<tuffty/>

Awesome Looking car Tufty!!

there are two things which wind me up about my car as i am a bit OCD...the bottom of the front bumper where it connects to the under tray (which is missing) has a return lip and is viable from the front and just looks broken so hence the LCR splitter mod on its way also the back of the sideskirts before the back wheel there is a plastic protective coating which has turned a lovely yellow colour, any thoughts on how to remedy this??
i clay bared the whole car last week and was amazed at the ****e that came off it, needs wheels refurbing as well then will be very close to mint!!

Sweet looking motor.

What's the best stuff for cleaning those wheels? I use Autoglym but wonder if it's too corrosive? They are a mare to keep clean.

vivalacoulter, they did the check on it as it was on the ramps and they said the following;
No oil in it, urgently top up.......service was done the day before and was 3/4 full
front wipers needed changing......brand new 3 day old bosch aero wipers installed
none of the washers worked...... they all work including the headlamp washers???
rear spring cracked....fairplay this is on my list to do
clutch pedal seemed stiff.... it does but i dont know any different so see what happens.

so they said they wanted the car back to do all the work.......i think not!!!!

neilybabs. i was going to go 20mm at the rear and 8-10 on the front as it does bother me that they sit it too much, seen a few on here and it beefs it up alot, not sure if it will feel any different but will look tough!!!!

Oh that sounds pretty dodgy! Quick question, how do you activate the headlight washers? I haven't even thought about them...

put the lights on and press the washers and hold them on and you get a nice squirt!!

Awesome Looking car Tufty!!

there are two things which wind me up about my car as i am a bit OCD...the bottom of the front bumper where it connects to the under tray (which is missing) has a return lip and is viable from the front and just looks broken so hence the LCR splitter mod on its way also the back of the sideskirts before the back wheel there is a plastic protective coating which has turned a lovely yellow colour, any thoughts on how to remedy this??
i clay bared the whole car last week and was amazed at the ****e that came off it, needs wheels refurbing as well then will be very close to mint!!

I know what you mean about the lip... I painted mine black... its no longer a problem ;P

I have the same issue with the rear sideskirt trim... the trims are available from a dealer but would need painting and one would assume they come with new coatings but I have yet to inquire if they are available separately... ETKA doesn't seem to list them last time I looked..

I use the Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic system from Polished Bliss to protect my paint... the stuff is awesome and gives a wipe clean surface... really pops on a silver car...

As for OCD, you clearly don't know me well yet lol... have a look at my build thread (link in my sig) ;P

<tuffty/>