A bad week in the life of Funkycat and his A3!

funkycat

Reaction score
A bad week in the life of Funkycat and his A3.

1) Warranty work done a few weeks ago on the passenger door ( new regulator) has resulted in an annoying rattle in the door. Car has been collected by the stealer today for a "rework" of the warranty work. Let you know result when I get the car back tonight.

2) Some doris rear ended me on the M4 last week, doing about 75mph and braking quite hard because it was all coming to a rapid halt in the 3rd lane, I stopped she didn't.

THUMP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Damaged didn't look to bad, but repair shop want it for about 4 days next week, they reckon whole new rear end! what ever that means! I have to say I am well impressed with how tough the car is, considering the impact, seems like a good car to have a bump in! Just glad my 6 week old daughter wasn't in the car at the time.

Tesco insurance have been brilliant, its going to the approved VAG/Audi repair centre! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif They gave me the chioce! So my concerns over some back street dodgy repair shop not achieving exact paint match have been removed.

Hey ho.........the joys of motoring.

Funkycat

I suffered a rear ender (ooh-er) in my A4 about a year ago (on the way to the dentist,so a bad day all round).

The woman's Mazda was a right-off (crumpled beyond belief and radiator burst),whereas my A4 was perfectly driveable.

The bumper was cracked and scuffed,but that was the only 'visible' damage.

As it turned out,there was actually quite a bit of 'hidden' damage.Over £1200 worth by the time it was all finished.

Poor old woman was beside herself and I actually ended up feeling bad that she'd run into me !

She was with Tesco,and they were brilliant with me as well.
They totally took over,put my car into the local Audi dealer (which I also insisted on) and delivered me another A4 for the 2 weeks it took to repair (yes,2 weeks...).

Well impressed with Tesco insurance,as the innocent party anyway.
They were maybe complete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif with the woman ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Sorry to hear about the bad news. I reckon if I had a child in my car and someone ran into me I'd go ape-sh*t!!

As it turns out (and not to hijack your thread) I had a visit off-road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Image6.jpg

That was three weeks ago. The insurance bloke took ten days just to come 'round and see the car!! I've since done nearly 2000 miles in a 1.4L Clito...

New bumper, all new underbody plastic bits, new rad and aircon condenser, but the shell hasn't moved one iota:
A3bodyshop003.jpg

I had the option of going with the new single-frame grille, but in the end I went with the same, older, style but with the chrome bits painted ebony black (like the rest of the car).

The only upside is that I ended up ordering 18x8" ET45 B7RS4 replicas to replace my 17s:
A3bodyshop007.jpg

Funky, hopefully something good will come out of your shunt: how about a Caratere rear valence? In any case, good luck!

Those reps look very nice, mind if I ask how much and where from?

And to derail it even further - what do you think to the Milltek cat-back?

Loving the Rs4 reps I cam so close to ordering a set a little while ago off a bloke on Ebay.

Post up pics when they're on please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

J.

JaminBen

Please will you post a picture of your painted grill once you get your car back. I am interested to see how it looks. Thanks in advance

Oh sh*t! I went and hijacked this thread didn't I? Well and truly sorry. If a moderator could cut my post out and put it in a new thread I'd appreciate it.

Quick answers:
Defy: I answered in a pm,
Unkle, 1350Euro, shipped, with 225/40/18 Bridgestone RE050s, www.autoexclusive.com
Coolio, absolutely!

Funkycat, sorry for you thread. My reply to you was meant as "good things can come out of bad situations"...

Doh!